• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

World Cup 2022

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
France v Morocco
Argentina v Croatia

I had picked France to repeat pre-tournament.
Would be really cool to see Messi go out on top.
Would be cool to see Croatia win after coming up just short 4 years ago.
Would be crazy to see Morocco do the literal unthinkable.

Gonna be happy any way. Sorry to our friends from across the pond

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
France v Morocco
Argentina v Croatia

I had picked France to repeat pre-tournament.
Would be really cool to see Messi go out on top.
Would be cool to see Croatia win after coming up just short 4 years ago.
Would be crazy to see Morocco do the literal unthinkable.

Gonna be happy any way. Sorry to our friends from across the pond
I don't see how this France can be beaten, if they didn't lose today.

I'm Argentina fan at world cups ever since Kempes days.
Jesus, that was 44 years ago.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Now comes the crucial FA mistake - they will sack Southgate.
Would that be a mistake? I've never been impressed with Southgate. He has more talent to work with than previous England managers but they never score from open play against good teams, partly because of his caution/cowardice.

Not that it matters, my favourite team in every world cup won tonight - England's opponents. Petty, I know, but Scotland haven't qualified this century, so it's all we've got. If England were playing Mordor most of Scotland would be temporary Mordor fans.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Now comes the crucial FA mistake - they will sack Southgate.

The mistake will be not replacing him with someone good…

I don’t mind either way tbh but it must be said that this England team have a wealth of creative attacking options but don’t create chances against good teams in open play

As well structured and organised this team has been under Southgate, I wouldn’t say he’s beyond reproach…

But if they’re going to replace him they’d better have a strategy and coach in mind to progress the team

The mistake will be not replacing him with someone good…

I don’t mind either way tbh but it must be said that this England team have a wealth of creative attacking options but don’t create chances against good teams in open play

As well structured and organised this team has been under Southgate, I wouldn’t say he’s beyond reproach…

But if they’re going to replace him they’d better have a strategy and coach in mind to progress the team
They should go after Greg Roman

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Meeeeeeeeeeeeesiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I predicted France to win pretournament. I'm expecting them to beat Morocco. But if it is Argentina v France I'd root for Messi and Argentina.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
1671000959092.png

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
MBAPPE IS THE LAMAR JACKSON OF FRANCE.

Lol that dude was going crazy out there and it would have been an insane story for any of those dudes for France stepped up (they had injuries that kept key players out).

He would have won back to back world cups at his young age. We watched potentially the greatest soccer player of all time today. For now, the crown many people say belongs to Messi who just won his first chip

rossihunter2

Staff Member
MBAPPE IS THE LAMAR JACKSON OF FRANCE.

Lol that dude was going crazy out there and it would have been an insane story for any of those dudes for France stepped up (they had injuries that kept key players out).

He would have won back to back world cups at his young age. We watched potentially the greatest soccer player of all time today. For now, the crown many people say belongs to Messi who just won his first chip

the crown is going to belong to Messi for a long time