• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Refs and The Soul-Crushing, Heart-Breaking Injuries

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Honesty I kinda want to let Faalele get some starting RT experience. It feels like he would at least not be in Lamar's way.
sometimes he does get in the way but he's been very good pulling and right now I'd rather let Faalele start in a year or two.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Our offense is simply not built for a bye week. That's why I dont want a bye week in the playoffs. Lamar needs to keep playing to
be at his best.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Our offense is simply not built for a bye week. That's why I dont want a bye week in the playoffs. Lamar needs to keep playing to
be at his best.
Why do you think the bye has anything to do with it? I'm legitimately asking. Do you think that lack of game action for a few days was the source of 4 dropped passes? I mean the killer yesterday was dropped passes and no run game. I'm pretty sure if you have JK and Gus and you don't have 4 drops that's a huge blowout.

I think this offense was constructed originally as very limited. Then it got really hurt again and is playing at basically the lower limit of the tipping point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Morgan Moses needs to be benched, he’s a direct detriment at this point, run and pass game.

Idk if it’s a matchup or scheme or “help” thing but faalele seemed to perform a whole lot better than what Moses is giving us now, once he got up to speed. In 2 games Moses has punched out a ball in the pocket, negated a big play by being an illegal man downfield, he’s had a shit ton of holds and other fouls, and he’s been pretty shit in run blocking all year.

At this point I really don’t know if Moses is the best performing RT on the roster.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Morgan Moses needs to be benched, he’s a direct detriment at this point, run and pass game.

Idk if it’s a matchup or scheme or “help” thing but faalele seemed to perform a whole lot better than what Moses is giving us now, once he got up to speed. In 2 games Moses has punched out a ball in the pocket, negated a big play by being an illegal man downfield, he’s had a shit ton of holds and other fouls, and he’s been pretty shit in run blocking all year.

At this point I really don’t know if Moses is the best performing RT on the roster.
So I think Moses is better this year than Faalele, but I'm not sure he's better than Mekari.
The illegal man down field thing I kind of ignore, mostly because at least half the time, its on the QB, not on the lineman. The one from yesterday, if I recall, was an RPO, which means the Oline is told to run block. Run blocking, if they're doing their job well, means they're down field, and if the QB pump fakes and delays the play, which is what Lamar did, then its going to be a penalty every time. You see a QB pump fake on an RPO, and you're going to see yellow on the field nearly 100% of the time.

Thought the face mask call on him yesterday was quite a bit nitty from the official.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Watching game and panthers stacking 9 in box.. int he threw was cause he locked on to andrews smh
He did! And Ricard came open out of the backfield and another receiver was wide open downfield to his right. Also, look what this cat had to say about his pick:

DT Bravvion Roy

(on his interception) "Through film, we saw he (Lamar) throws the ball really low. Sometimes he would side-arm it and throw it low.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So I think Moses is better this year than Faalele, but I'm not sure he's better than Mekari.
The illegal man down field thing I kind of ignore, mostly because at least half the time, its on the QB, not on the lineman. The one from yesterday, if I recall, was an RPO, which means the Oline is told to run block. Run blocking, if they're doing their job well, means they're down field, and if the QB pump fakes and delays the play, which is what Lamar did, then its going to be a penalty every time. You see a QB pump fake on an RPO, and you're going to see yellow on the field nearly 100% of the time.

Thought the face mask call on him yesterday was quite a bit nitty from the official.
I also left out, somehow, that he let his rusher fly around for a sack and roll into Stanley, on the very next play after the facemask which yeah was a weak ass call.

But in general man I’d say Moses was a good move to shore up the OL but he’s not the bestRT on the team, he MIGHT be RT3, and shit if jawuan James was still healthy he MIGHHT be the 4th best RT on the team

Simba

Staff Member

I don't think Moses is a detriment by any means but he's giving us about what we probably should have expected - solidish play at a spot where we've rotated a different pile of shit seemingly every week in recent seasons. Feel like Moses is a case of optics influencing thoughts.

With that being said, he clearly is out of upside at this point. Faalele obviously has the better long term prospects but I'd be surprised if they go to a rookie who despite the good play, is still clearly developing.

Simba

Staff Member
Looking at snap counts, it's wild that both Roquan and Queen played 100% of the snaps. Been a long time since we've had even 1 LBer capable of playing a full game and the fact that we have 2 AND they're both playing well is great news.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He did! And Ricard came open out of the backfield and another receiver was wide open downfield to his right. Also, look what this cat had to say about his pick:

DT Bravvion Roy

(on his interception) "Through film, we saw he (Lamar) throws the ball really low. Sometimes he would side-arm it and throw it low.
Yep the one down field to his right was open..You can tell they had a really good plan for us. They also got the most athletic defense in nfl imo, to actually shut us down. Its like they knew our plays lol. The obvious run downs and formations were far too easy for them

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Looking at snap counts, it's wild that both Roquan and Queen played 100% of the snaps. Been a long time since we've had even 1 LBer capable of playing a full game and the fact that we have 2 AND they're both playing well is great news.
God this makes me absolutely elated. Queen's been playing out of his mind

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Been on his train since early this season. Looks like a completely different guy out there even with limited snaps. Always making an impact when he gets an opportunity. Thanks Kaare Vedvik.
lol, yep he was the 5th round pick we got in exchange with the Vikings.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine that's gameplan-specific though. Like Carolina isn't going to threaten you down the field and will mostly go with run-heavy attack, so not surprised to see us use bigger personnel. While they both played well, I would think it'd be tough to have both on the field that much against pass-heavier teams, like Cincy.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine that's gameplan-specific though. Like Carolina isn't going to threaten you down the field and will mostly go with run-heavy attack, so not surprised to see us use bigger personnel. While they both played well, I would think it'd be tough to have both on the field that much against pass-heavier teams, like Cincy.
Good point.

Simba

Staff Member
I don’t disagree. Still wild though because games like this since CJ left would have been a rotation of just about everybody.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It would be a pleasure to somehow find a way to keep those guys together (Queen and Smith)

They would easily be the best duo since Ray and Bart.

Honorable mention, I did like Zack Orr with CJ but that never got off the ground with the unfortunate health issues Orr had