• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Jaguars

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Have we ever played well in Jax? That place is a curse for us

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Though I wasn't watching the NFL when the AFC Central was live, I'm fully aware that the Jags and Titans were big time division rivals. I guess certain things don't change over time after all.
most of the time it was the Oilers, not the Titans, but yes both of those teams were rivals. The Titans especially with Eddie George in the early 2000.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Though I wasn't watching the NFL when the AFC Central was live, I'm fully aware that the Jags and Titans were big time division rivals. I guess certain things don't change over time after all.
I remember it quite well. Steve McNair/Eddie George. MarkBrunell/Jimmy Smith. Lot of ugly losses. The famed "buulshit" game against Jax where everybody and their mother could hear the chant thru the TV and I'm talking at least 20 min straight and thru out the rest of the game. I was at that game and my throat was gone!! When it comes to the new divisions I was pised when we got put in the north cuz the most hated teams were Jax and Tenn. I wanted to be in the south. Im thinking Indy in the south?!?! Geographically stupid but money talks. Would have been great that way but I can't complain with how I feel now.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
most of the time it was the Oilers, not the Titans, but yes both of those teams were rivals. The Titans especially with Eddie George in the early 2000.
Jags with Brunell and Fred Taylor were terrifying to contain and the Titans had McNair and Eddie George. Great rivalry games, but even then the leftie Brunell gave us fits.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I remember it quite well. Steve McNair/Eddie George. MarkBrunell/Jimmy Smith. Lot of ugly losses. The famed "buulshit" game against Jax where everybody and their mother could hear the chant thru the TV and I'm talking at least 20 min straight and thru out the rest of the game. I was at that game and my throat was gone!! When it comes to the new divisions I was pised when we got put in the north cuz the most hated teams were Jax and Tenn. I wanted to be in the south. Im thinking Indy in the south?!?! Geographically stupid but money talks. Would have been great that way but I can't complain with how I feel now.
understand your reasoning, but the old AFC Central was Browns, Oilers, Steelers, Bengals and considering the Ravens are the former Browns, it made sense to keep us together. Of course the Baltimore Colts used to play in the AFC East with the Pats, Jets, Bills and Dolphins.

Tank

Hall of Famer
IDK, on the whole I think we’re way closer to Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci than we are to Nashville or Jacksonville. And I’m not sure where else you put Indy, not really east, west or north either. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
IDK, on the whole I think we’re way closer to Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Cinci than we are to Nashville or Jacksonville. And I’m not sure where else you put Indy, not really east, west or north either. lol
Technically they are in the East North Central region of the midwestern U.S. lol

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor

The rivalry between the Titans and Ravens being reignited during Lamar's tenure has been fun.

I only remember bits and pieces of Eddie George vs Ray Lewis. I was not really a fan of the game back then. Just the moments they use to have in the old football games

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
understand your reasoning, but the old AFC Central was Browns, Oilers, Steelers, Bengals and considering the Ravens are the former Browns, it made sense to keep us together. Of course the Baltimore Colts used to play in the AFC East with the Pats, Jets, Bills and Dolphins.

It would have been crazy if the division would have been the Ravens, Steelers, Browns, Titans

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thats true. I'm just talking about the rivalry at the time and what teams I hated more. Indy should have definitely been in the North. Just go west on !-70. Geographically all the way around it should have been Balt in the east, Dolphins in the south and the Colts in the north