• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Injury Thread (2018 Season)

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I will say this Alex Smith is not a bad QB. He is not Rodgers but he is a very good QB.
He just needed someone to install spread concepts. Once they installed spread concepts he started doing better. This happened under Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman. Andy Reid did the same with Alex Smith in KC.

I believe the story is the OC in San Fran in 2005 wanted ARod, but the GM wanted Smith. Well that OC was Mike McCarthy and he ended up getting thr player he wanted anyway.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Pats lose RB Jeremy Hill to a torn ACL.

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin has a grade two MCL tear.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
so the atlanta falcons not only had to put keanu neal on I/R but out of nowhere deion jones has also now gone to I/R for a foot issue
what an awful week 1 for the falcons...
Wow. They literally just lost their 2 best defensive players in 1 week...I’m not sure if they can recover from that.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I read on Yahoo Sports the Bengals running back Joe Mixon had minor surgery on his knee and will probably miss a few weeks.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I feel like we're seeing more and more injuries every year in the NFL. I think it is destroying the game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I feel like we're seeing more and more injuries every year in the NFL. I think it is destroying the game.
It's mostly because players do not have proper preparation for what's coming during the season. They come soft out of college and are not even allowed to practice tackling ffs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It's mostly because players do not have proper preparation for what's coming during the season. They come soft out of college and are not even allowed to practice tackling ffs.
teams were much better prepared in the 70s 80s and 90s and even up until the new CBA that limited practicing tackling. Absolutely crazy if you ask me.

Anyone who says that the injuries are Harbaughs fault never watched the two a days every day that teams used to have when the practices were TOUGH and long

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Ricardo Allen S, just went down with a non contact injury. He's holding his achillies. With Atlantas rash of injuries it can only mean that Harbaugh is at work.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Lots of injuries confirmed:

- QB Jimmy G confirmed torn ACL, also believed to have done damage to MCL, which would delay surgery
- WR Anthony Miller has dislocated left shoulder (not sure whether that's the one that troubled him in college)
- CB Richard Sherman out few weeks (calf)
- Rams lost CBs Peters (2-4 weeks), Talib (few weeks) and OT Whitworth (had knee procedure already)
- S Ricardo Allen - confirmed torn achilles
- Mo Wilkerson done for season, ankle - already had surgery