• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Win I Guess???

marklar

Pro Bowler
We all knowHuntley's limitations, and he is probably a career backup. But, you have to like the guy. No nerves whatsoever, and takes brutal hits without flinching. Glad he is our backup!

I have made many jokes about Seymour the CB, but Seymour the gunner deserves pro bowl consideration. Vote Seymour in 2022.

The game clocked in at 3 hours, but felt like triple overtime. Maybe just my covid-infested brain, but that was drawn-out torture.

Fuck them donkeys for injuring half the team as well as the unflagged taunting. Classless bunch

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
the huntley playbook is awful lol - it's so simple, so 1-read and go, so shallow

on the surface it looks great because he went 27/32 and rushed another 10 times for 40 yards

but then you realise that despite 27 completions he had less than 200 yds...
for context that would tie the season's lowest YPA number (coincidentally held by joe flacco lol) - and would blow the league out of the water in YPC... (where this game he was at 6.9 and no one in the league through their season has been below 9)
We don't have to use that playbook exclusively. It is quite useful to get stuff going, though. Opens everything up.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

These coaches ain’t nothing without Lj

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
the huntley playbook is awful lol - it's so simple, so 1-read and go, so shallow

on the surface it looks great because he went 27/32 and rushed another 10 times for 40 yards

for context that would tie the season's lowest YPA number (coincidentally held by joe flacco lol) - and would blow the league out of the water in YPC... (where this game he was at 6.9 and no one in the league through their season has been below 9)

A lot of that was because he could not hit the deep shots that they took which Lamar could. Short and simple passes and then taking the shots deep when they cheat up is basically the Brady playbook but obviously Brady has a much better arm (still).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That sounds like a statement about how good Stanley is though not the coaches which is surprising because his run blocking was always considered his weakness.

not a weakness... just not as elite as his pass blocking

he's never been a mauler - but he's always been good with leverage and footwork to create holes - and he's amazing on the backside of our right-handed running game when we run power that way

Doesn't matter Huntleys playbook atleast it moves the chains. You keep using this excuse. Were not saying do this the whole game with Lamar but atleast do some quick short passes to get the game going. I don't understand your logic and I'm not trying to be an ass. We don't have the wrs to get seperstion so stop waiting for them to get downfield and maybe just maybe we can get the ball to them while Lamar is running circles.

Huntley took us to RZ 3 times? Atleast with those playcalls we get there.

Charm City

Pro Bowler

I think a sweet spot would be a mixture of both. Get a few easy completions every drive and then mix in some intermediate/deep stuff to keep the defense honest.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Doesn't matter Huntleys playbook atleastsoves the chains. You keep using this excuse. Were not saying do this the whole game with Lamar but atleast do some quick short passes to get the game going. I don't understand your logic and I'm not trying to be an ass. We don't have the wrs to get seperstion so stop waiting for them to get downfield and maybe just maybe we can get the ball to them while Lamar is running circles.

but we do do quick passes with lamar - we take advantage of off coverage with quick outs and stop routes, we look to spread the field horizontally too - it's just not that it's all we do - i think the legit criticism you can have about the changes are that we look to use tempo more effectively with Huntley in (partly because he's getting shorter, simplified playcalls with no checks in them while Lamar's getting 2 plays in almost every play call so that he can read and check accordingly) - but it's not like we don't do short stuff with Lamar... it's just not all we do

and you're acting like we moved the ball in any kind of sustainable way - we had one drive (Ty's first drive) where we moved the ball well(ish) and then after that the way we moved the ball was on 4th downs and with penalties - everything else was short stuff that didnt move the offence? if we were moving the ball with Ty we would have scored more FGs... but we didnt...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
People are so insecure about Lamar, their first reaction is to trash Huntley. SMH. Both are mid

Let's talk about that dumbass playcall to have proche throw a deep pass to the end zone. Oh but it's trickery....lol that didn't fool no one. What makes that call worse? Both receivers were running in same location so had 4 defenders there.

Even the commentators mentioned how the wrs basically ran in the same area and was a dumb playcall basically.