• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Ugly, The Ugly and The Win I Guess???

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Btw, I wonder if Gus is reaaly back, he did not look like himself. Lacked the power we are used to.

And speaking of RBs - Hill is a mystery. Flashes of brilliance at times, but give him the ball in Q4 and he is guaranteed to fumble
That was the strangest play. The ball was out and no one seemed to care as it slowly rolled out of bounds. I feel everyone just either ignored it or just watched it roll.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Alright too far. Huntley is mid but you gotta love his heart and grit.

Lamar is top tier but we (the GM, OC, his teammates on offense, the defense) waste his talent.

it's also not criticism to point out his limitations...

he does well with the things he has - and outside of that dumb pick made enough plays to win a low-scoring game - that's what you want out of your backup

but he is limited and it's not trashing him to explain how his limitations limit the offence in a wider way

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
We all knowHuntley's limitations, and he is probably a career backup. But, you have to like the guy. No nerves whatsoever, and takes brutal hits without flinching. Glad he is our backup!

I have made many jokes about Seymour the CB, but Seymour the gunner deserves pro bowl consideration. Vote Seymour in 2022.

The game clocked in at 3 hours, but felt like triple overtime. Maybe just my covid-infested brain, but that was drawn-out torture.

Fuck them donkeys for injuring half the team as well as the unflagged taunting. Classless bunch
They played dirty as hell

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Alright too far. Huntley is mid but you gotta love his heart and grit.

Lamar is top tier but we (the GM, OC, his teammates on offense, the defense) waste his talent.
Love the fight Huntley showed, quality back up for sure . Disagree on Lamar. Has peaked and once again injured. Nothing about his stats say top tier Qb. Middle of the road Qb that can win with a lot of talent around him? Absolutely

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it's also not criticism to point out his limitations...

he does well with the things he has - and outside of that dumb pick made enough plays to win a low-scoring game - that's what you want out of your backup

but he is limited and it's not trashing him to explain how his limitations limit the offence in a wider way
Yeah Huntley is who he is. His best attribute imo is he has no nerves of any kind. Dude comes in immediately and is the best version of Tyler Huntley. It's just that's mid lol.

Watching him battle Brown next year will be interesting.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Love the fight Huntley showed, quality back up for sure . Disagree on Lamar. Has peaked and once again injured. Nothing about his stats say top tier Qb. Middle of the road Qb that can win with a lot of talent around him? Absolutely
I mean just imagine playing QB when you've got a different starting running back every week. Different LT. Different TE. And your best WR is thought of as so old and fragile by the team that he's on a snap count lolol.

What's he supposed to do. You saw for the briefest of moments when the team had more of its guys Lamar was playing ELITE.

It's just all gone to shit again. Just like last year.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Btw, I wonder if Gus is reaaly back, he did not look like himself. Lacked the power we are used to.

And speaking of RBs - Hill is a mystery. Flashes of brilliance at times, but give him the ball in Q4 and he is guaranteed to fumble
I think we should start over at the position

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah Huntley is who he is. His best attribute imo is he has no nerves of any kind. Dude comes in immediately and is the best version of Tyler Huntley. It's just that's mid lol.

Watching him battle Brown next year will be interesting.

Brown's got some qualities that i really liked - his preseason was certainly intriguing and id definitely like to take a look at him next offseason again - Huntley's an RFA next year too which makes him slightly more expensive - not too expensive to keep but expensive enough that it opens the window if Brown shows up in the offseason

I'm in agreement with you, I also feel Lamar has peaked in passing and it is what it is at this point. He's not and will never be elite but can be way damn better with a new OC. What makes Lamar is his legs let's be real but that won't last if he keeps getting injured.

We've expected this man to continue to be superman with no help. This man is tired and you can just tell he's done with it.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Trade both. Get ready for Arch Manning!

He is the chosen one
This is the way. Couldn’t beat Peyton, so we sign his nephew

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think we should start over at the position

Dobbins will be here in 2023 but i think it's highly likely that he's the only member of this group that's still around and i imagine we're going to try and find someone to compete with him and take over for him (crazy given how little he's played in his career so far but he's going into the final year of his rookie contract in 2023)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm in agreement with you, I also feel Lamar has peaked in passing and it is what it is at this point. He's not and will never be elite but can be way damn better with a new OC. What makes Lamar is his legs let's be real but that won't last if he keeps getting injured.

We've expected this man to continue to be superman with no help. This man is tired and you can just tell he's done with it.
I’m looking forward to 5 years or so down the road when people can speak honestly about Lamar. Much like we do now with Flacco without the fan homerism….like you said he is talented, especially with his athleticism, but he is a depreciating asset. Denying that is ignoring reality at this point.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Dobbins will be here in 2023 but i think it's highly likely that he's the only member of this group that's still around and i imagine we're going to try and find someone to compete with him and take over for him (crazy given how little he's played in his career so far but he's going into the final year of his rookie contract in 2023)
Concur. Unless Edwards turns back the clock and transforms into 2018-20 Gus, I think this is his last year. We need new blood at RB.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
But on a positive note - the play before the TD - the pass to Drake was beautiful by both Huntley and Drake to make the play the way they did - crucial that they both read it the same way and the little pump fake Ty made was great to open the space for Drake
funny, because I was just talking to truth and we were talking about the same thing

I’m looking forward to 5 years or so down the road when people can speak honestly about Lamar. Much like we do now with Flacco without the fan homerism….like you said he is talented, especially with his athleticism, but he is a depreciating asset. Denying that is ignoring reality at this point.

You know the way you put it is right. He's an elite athlete just not a elite QB. The problem is he wants to get paid as an elite qb and that's where it's tricky.. on one hand without him you ain't shiz.. but if you give him the bank then we can't help him with other weapons.. so definitely going to be a hard decision for the FO.