• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Run Game, The 2 minute drills and Screw the Steelers Baby!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
don't think ive seen anyone post this yet

this wired is an absolute banger!

Best one in a long time. I think we got something special going on defense. Small thing I noticed, Kyle hamilton did everything to make the play and stop that last TD to freiermuth, his swipe just didn’t connect, and as he was hanging his head in the endzone, MW ran over and didn’t let him sulk over it, picked him right up off the ground as if to say “shit happens, get up we got a game to win”

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Best one in a long time. I think we got something special going on defense. Small thing I noticed, Kyle hamilton did everything to make the play and stop that last TD to freiermuth, his swipe just didn’t connect, and as he was hanging his head in the endzone, MW ran over and didn’t let him sulk over it, picked him right up off the ground as if to say “shit happens, get up we got a game to win”

and then chuck on the bench too just after where kyle looks almost like he's gonna cry he's so pissed off at himself - where he's like "be mad... but you good though, you're gonna be fine" or something like that

i was shocked how mad/upset kyle was after that 1 play - but then remembered that iirc that's the 1st TD he's given up all year

Tank

Hall of Famer
it does, but with another OC, next season.

I do think once Lamar comes back we will execute better, just due to having JK back in the offense.....and Stanley.
I know this is the hope, but it has to be said that there was immediate improvement in certain ways when he went out, especially with the play clock and short passing game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know this is the hope, but it has to be said that there was immediate improvement in certain ways when he went out, especially with the play clock and short passing game.
That's just how GRo calls the offense with Huntley / Brown vs Lamar. He should do some of the same with Lamar.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I know that's the assumption...........
he calls multiple playcalls with Lamar and only one with Huntley and that's why it's quicker. Plus Lamar is looking high / low whereas Huntley is really looking low to high and to be frank, not really high at all.

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
I know that's the assumption...........
It's not an assumption at all. The offense with Huntley and Brown is drastically different. There's not even really an effort to pump the ball downfield.

Tank

Hall of Famer
It's not an assumption at all. The offense with Huntley and Brown is drastically different. There's not even really an effort to pump the ball downfield.
I think you mean to say the plays that are being called are different, same offense. Obviously the plays called need to be tailored more to the time each has spent running the first team offense, and to their skill sets. Neither guy, especially Brown, would be expected to be able to run through the same progressions.

The point here is some things immediately improved with Tyler, especially time clock issues and short passing game efficiency. If sometimes simplifying it for Lamar as well helps those things then they should be doing that.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
he calls multiple playcalls with Lamar and only one with Huntley and that's why it's quicker. Plus Lamar is looking high / low whereas Huntley is really looking low to high and to be frank, not really high at all.
Not sure how you would know how many plays are being called, but OK. lol

Simba

Staff Member
I think you mean to say the plays that are being called are different, same offense. Obviously the plays called need to be tailored more to the time each has spent running the first team offense, and to their skill sets. Neither guy, especially Brown, would be expected to be able to run through the same progressions.

The point here some things immediately improved with Tyler, especially time clock issues and short passing game efficiency. If sometimes simplifying it for Lamar as well helps those things then they should be doing that.
Because neither of those guys are reading defenses and making checks at the line

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
and then chuck on the bench too just after where kyle looks almost like he's gonna cry he's so pissed off at himself - where he's like "be mad... but you good though, you're gonna be fine" or something like that

i was shocked how mad/upset kyle was after that 1 play - but then remembered that iirc that's the 1st TD he's given up all year
my favorite take was Linderbaum recognizing and telling the line, hey boys, we only need one first down here and the game is ours.
they knew we were about to run it 3 straight times and said bet lets stand up.

also, jk during the game and at the end, you can see how much of a leader and locker room guy he is. so glad hes back, ive been RAVEN about him for years!

Tank

Hall of Famer
my favorite take was Linderbaum recognizing and telling the line, hey boys, we only need one first down here and the game is ours.
they knew we were about to run it 3 straight times and said bet lets stand up.

also, jk during the game and at the end, you can see how much of a leader and locker room guy he is. so glad hes back, ive been RAVEN about him for years!
Lindy is The Man already. So glad we were able to draft him.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

The point here some things immediately improved with Tyler, especially time clock issues and short passing game efficiency. If sometimes simplifying it for Lamar as well helps those things then they should be doing that.
The other part of this issue is does Lamar excel at what he's being asked to do that is different from what the backups are being asked to do. I don't see potent offense with any of them right now, but I do see a less lost group minus Lamar. His last 2-3 games before injury were a mess. I don't know what that means, but there is the argument that JK and Stanley provide more stability and the backups are benefitting from that. So one would expect Lamar to be better with them when he returns too. If that turns out not to be the case, then we've got a problem and need to do more of the things the backups are getting with Lamar.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The other part of this issue is does Lamar excel at what he's being asked to do that is different from what the backups are being asked to do. I don't see potent offense with any of them right now, but I do see a less lost group minus Lamar. His last 2-3 games before injury were a mess. I don't know what that means, but there is the argument that JK and Stanley provide more stability and the backups are benefitting from that. So one would expect Lamar to be better with them when he returns too. If that turns out not to be the case, then we've got a problem and need to do more of the things the backups are getting with Lamar.

I don’t know why we wouldn’t anyway. Here we try to control TOP, milk the playclock for all it’s got, play top level defense… yet we go for big plays in passing instead of keeping it short/intermediate and moving the chains at a slow yet steady pace. It’s like we’re trying to do two totally different things with deep shots and then TOP ball

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We had a game vs Saints where that worked just fine. Even Proche had 2 catches. Only Roman knows why he didn't call plays like that before or after New Orleans.

He isn't right in his head.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shocker. It’s almost like one was one drive away from a SB win and the other barely has a playoff win
His defense was the reason, he was lucky to even have a TD pass in the super bowl, blatant OPI that probably prevented a pick let alone the reason for a TD

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would like to see myself investing significant money in Amazon at $18 in 1997 and selling in 2019 at $1,755. I imagine I’d have a yacht and various Russian hookers sailing the Med together. Unfortunately I was 10, and all i had to my name was some Pokémon cards. Fucking legend
and now Amazon is below its Covid lows