• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Browns

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Shorter week not helpful.

Lamar's gonna be the big question all week. But if he can't go, it might be difficult for Huntley to get out of concussion protocol before Saturday... and even if he does he won't necessarily have got a ton of practice time.

Right now it's Anthony Brown's team I guess - either way, worst case, he gets a week of practice taking 1st team reps so should be more comfortable if he does have to start and hopefully we can open up the offence a little for him.

But gonna be a week with all eyes on only 1 position.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shorter week not helpful.

Lamar's gonna be the big question all week. But if he can't go, it might be difficult for Huntley to get out of concussion protocol before Saturday... and even if he does he won't necessarily have got a ton of practice time.

Right now it's Anthony Brown's team I guess - either way, worst case, he gets a week of practice taking 1st team reps so should be more comfortable if he does have to start and hopefully we can open up the offence a little for him.

But gonna be a week with all eyes on only 1 position.
not ideal, but I'd prefer Huntley with no practice time over Brown.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not ideal, but I'd prefer Huntley with no practice time over Brown.

sure - especially in a division game too

but i do think we also saw a limited version of what Anthony Brown can do - not saying he's going to be a better QB than Huntley as a udfa rookie with no regular season NFL snaps but there's a difference between going from scout team QB to playing against TJ Watt and co in the space of a week with no 1st team reps and getting to practice having now had reps in the firing line against a division rival on the road and practicing with starters...

we saw no QB run with Brown and we know that's part of his game - he's also probably got a more explosive release than huntley too (it's just that right now he seems a little scattershot with some of those balls he was firing in there over the middle)

Simba

Staff Member
Seemingly a lot of optimism that Huntley will be good for Saturday. Obviously he's our best choice for now, but don't expect to see a lot of downfield stuff regardless of which QB gets the nod. Going to be a lot of running and quick hitters in the passing game until Lamar gets back.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns are down to their 4th center apparently and it’s impacted the run game, Watson is going to hold the ball like he always does, we should be able to generate good pressure and force some errant throws.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Browns are down to their 4th center apparently and it’s impacted the run game, Watson is going to hold the ball like he always does, we should be able to generate good pressure and force some errant throws.
and Campbell will get his 100th sack