• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: @ Browns

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Browns are down to their 4th center apparently and it’s impacted the run game, Watson is going to hold the ball like he always does, we should be able to generate good pressure and force some errant throws.
I expect two picks . Roquan and Marcus gonna get him good.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Watson looked bad in the preseason. He's looked bad in his couple starts. Like probably worse than Trubisky bad. Plus the Browns OL is awful and they don't stop the run well. This game should be easier than Pitt imo.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Of course. When are you all going to get on with the program?

We sweeping the North.
Nah I'm still not there. Think the second game with Pitt will be another tight one and Cincy has us in their revenge game unless Lamar is back. Then we have a chance

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
No one can convince me that we still shouldn't be trying to bring Odell in for the playoffs. He might not be great. He may not be full strength. But like I really believe on name alone for at least one game he'll garner respect from his peers and help open this offense back up like it was with Bate

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
No one can convince me that we still shouldn't be trying to bring Odell in for the playoffs. He might not be great. He may not be full strength. But like I really believe on name alone for at least one game he'll garner respect from his peers and help open this offense back up like it was with Bate
Well.....we'd have to clinch a playoff spot first. It was reported that Odell doesn't even want to sign to a team until the playoffs start.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Well.....we'd have to clinch a playoff spot first. It was reported that Odell doesn't even want to sign to a team until the playoffs start.
I think it was that he doesn't want to PLAY until the playoffs. Not that he doesn't want to sign. He needs about 1 more month of recovery anyway. Sign him soon if you can, let him heal and learn the offense. Roll him out WC weekend

JO_75

Hall of Famer
watson.jpg

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
I'd like to see the Ravens corners switch sides for the Browns game.

The Ravens corners tend to stick to their own sides, but so do the Browns WRs. If nothing changes, Amari Cooper, the crafty route runner, will be mostly going up against Marlon and Peoples-Jones, the big, physical athlete will be up against Marcus.

Those are both bad match ups for us. I'd like Marlon in a physical battle and Marcus in a mental battle a lot more.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see the Ravens corners switch sides for the Browns game.

The Ravens corners tend to stick to their own sides, but so do the Browns WRs. If nothing changes, Amari Cooper, the crafty route runner, will be mostly going up against Marlon and Peoples-Jones, the big, physical athlete will be up against Marcus.

Those are both bad match ups for us. I'd like Marlon in a physical battle and Marcus in a mental battle a lot more.
Marcus peters has ball skills and marlo absolutely does not.

Marlo thrives against route runners, he’s a rare athlete with his ability to keep low hips, change direction at will and essentially run the route with the receiver, and he has great patience to not bite on every little chop a wr shows him, but if you have a guy like peoples-jones trying to highpoint one, marlo is gonna lose most of those, he’s trash at turning around and locating the ball downfield, if he can’t punch it out at the catch point he’s gonna lose.

Marcus peters, while he’s way off his game lately, has ball skills for days but he gets toasted by route runners because he’s prone to biting double moves. And peters isn’t lacking in physicality, that narrative comes from his weaker tackling but peters can absolutely press and jam and fight receivers all over the field, and he’s about as good as it gets when it comes to playing the ball. DPJ is not too physical for peters, but amari cooper is too skilled to have peters on him too often, he can and likely will burn his ass at some point with a double move.

I’ve seen aj brown make absolute light work of Humphrey and in the same game peters shutting his ass down. I’ve seen Humphrey commit the most blatant DPI ever in the endzone(uncalled) against Dhop while peters blanked him for the rest of the game and outplayed him on multiple jump balls. This has been a recurring theme since we’ve paired the two lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marcus peters has ball skills and marlo absolutely does not.

Marlo thrives against route runners, he’s a rare athlete with his ability to keep low hips, change direction at will and essentially run the route with the receiver, and he has great patience to not bite on every little chop a wr shows him, but if you have a guy like peoples-jones trying to highpoint one, marlo is gonna lose most of those, he’s trash at turning around and locating the ball downfield, if he can’t punch it out at the catch point he’s gonna lose.

Marcus peters, while he’s way off his game lately, has ball skills for days but he gets toasted by route runners because he’s prone to biting double moves. And peters isn’t lacking in physicality, that narrative comes from his weaker tackling but peters can absolutely press and jam and fight receivers all over the field, and he’s about as good as it gets when it comes to playing the ball. DPJ is not too physical for peters, but amari cooper is too skilled to have peters on him too often, he can and likely will burn his ass at some point with a double move.

I’ve seen aj brown make absolute light work of Humphrey and in the same game peters shutting his ass down. I’ve seen Humphrey commit the most blatant DPI ever in the endzone(uncalled) against Dhop while peters blanked him for the rest of the game and outplayed him on multiple jump balls. This has been a recurring theme since we’ve paired the two lol
So then why are teams going after Peters this year BIG TIME!? It didn't happen in the Steelers game but most teams have.Peters has sucked this year overall

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So then why are teams going after Peters this year BIG TIME!? It didn't happen in the Steelers game but most teams have.Peters has sucked this year overall
Because receivers are getting open against him, simple really… peters not having a good year doesn’t change his and marlons traditional skill sets, I’d still rather have marlo go against their skilled route running WR1… not sure what the disconnect is here, one poster says he’d rather have Humphrey fighting for jump balls over peters while peters covers the release artist, peters hasn’t been giving up jump balls, he’s been getting burned deep, and marlo always has and still is getting beat on downfield throws in tight coverage.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Because receivers are getting open against him, simple really… peters not having a good year doesn’t change his and marlons traditional skill sets, I’d still rather have marlo go against their skilled route running WR1… not sure what the disconnect is here, one poster says he’d rather have Humphrey fighting for jump balls over peters while peters covers the release artist, peters hasn’t been giving up jump balls, he’s been getting burned deep, and marlo always has and still is getting beat on downfield throws in tight coverage.

I'm fairly confident we go CB with our 1st. If it comes to paying Peters or Ro, I'm going Ro. Been watching more of his film lately and he covers so much damn ground. Makes up what could be huge gains. I always knew he was good, but getting to actually watch him this closely changed my opinion of him and the position.