• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 15 Discussion (Saturday Football Edition)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
4fbcb56a83874680a48a1f7950d5fabc.jpg

Week 15 begins with a NFC West Showdown between the 49ers and Seattle Seahawks. Brock Mania is running wild after the 49ers ran all over the Buccaneers with 2022 Mr. Irrelevant, Brock Purdy as the starting quarterback. After defeating the GOAT last week, Purdy looks to help the 49ers lock up the NFC West crown as a win will secure the division and at minimum the three seed in the NFC. Another team looking to secure the division this week is the Kansas City Chiefs who need a win or a Chargers loss to secure their 7th straight AFC West crown.

Saturday Games:

- Colts @ Vikings: Something about a coach with the last name of Saturday, coaching a game on a Saturday. There is also something about teams who wear purple and failing to win when they need to most. TCU lost the BIG 12 Title Game, then there's us, and of course our Purple Brothers in Minnesota who lost to the Lions last week when they could have clinched the NFC North. A win this week against the Colts secures the NFC North for the Vikings, their first division title since 2017.

- Dolphins @ Bills: The Bills find themselves in a tight division race against the Miami Dolphins who are looking to sweep the Bills and stay alive for the AFC East Title. Luckily, a win over Miami will not only move themselves closer to the division title but also secure a playoff spot. In the final weeks, Buffalo can't slip up if they want to ensure the AFC runs through Buffalo in January, if not they may find themselves returning to KC once again.

Sunday Games:

Eagles @ Bears:
The Eagles have clinched a playoff spot following their win over the Giants last week. While the division title may await them under the tree next week, they travel to Solider Field to take on the Chicago Bears who are heading toward a top five draft pick at the moment. It took a bit for Chicago to finally use Justin Fields correctly, but a thin receiving core on Sunday won't help the Bears chances of an upset.

Falcons @ Saints: NFL rules state someone must win the division and be granted a home game, and someone has to win this tank division known as the NFC South. With Marcus Mariota out for injury the rest of the season, Atlanta is turning to rookie QB Desmond Riddler on the road against the Saints this week. Winner of this game still has a shot to win this division given the Bucs are playing the red hot Bengals and if Carolina loses to Pittsburgh, it's still in play.

Lions @ Jets: Jared Goff has reverted back to 2018 form after being one of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL last season. He has a 22 Touchdown to 7 interception ratio, the Lions have scored 30 or more points in four of their last five games, and now is looking to be the guy in Detroit instead of being replaced. The Jets are hoping Mike White will be available on Sunday after taking two hard hits against the Bills last week in the loss.

Steelers @ Panthers: Carolina passed on Kenny Pickett in the Draft, opting to eventually trade for Baker Mayfield who is no longer on the team and led the Rams to victory over the Raiders last week. Unfortunately for Pittsburgh, Pickett was still limited in practice after suffering a concussion early in the game against Baltimore. So while Carolina won't get to see first hand what they could have had, we still don't know who the starter will be as Mitch Trubisky and Mason Rudolph has been splitting first team reps in practice. Carolina looks to keep attacking a leaky Steelers run defense that gave up 215 yards to the Ravens last week after rushing for 223 yards against Seattle. Has Carolina turned the corner under interim Head Coach Steve Wilks?

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Is it just me or is dk metcalf just not that impressive. I feel like the kind of game he’s having tonight is so frequent for him

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Busted coverage and Purdy finds Kittle for a 54 yard TD. 21-3 just like that to start the second half.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yeah, the NFL is going to become unwatchable if they keep up this rate of questionable roughing the passer calls. The fact they are considering ejections for roughing the passer is ridiculous.

Nurps

MVP
Yeah, the NFL is going to become unwatchable if they keep up this rate of questionable roughing the passer calls. The fact they are considering ejections for roughing the passer is ridiculous.

I read something yesterday or today about the fact they might make RTP calls reviewable.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
wow, Cook has a big run and then the next play he fumbles it right back to them

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
P

I'm all here for a Vikings collapse and the Lions winning the NFC North lol.
i have no problem with that, but I want Cousins to have some numbers the next two weeks in fantasy. I play either Cousins or TB based on matchups. QB is the weakest part of my team, but I'm dominating everywhere else.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
wonder if the Ravens make an attempt to get Stephon Gilmore this offseason.
After Lamar and Roquan are taken care of, I wouldn't mind it. We may have a tough time getting WRs to sign with us, but getting defensive players isn't AS MUCH of a challenge.