• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Running Game, The Mess and The Greg Roman

rossihunter2

Staff Member
One of the most hideous displays I've seen.

Ty Huntley had his worst game as a raven.
Calais Campbell and Marcus Peters with injuries that looked significant just as we were getting close to full strength.
Justin Tucker missed 2 FGs.
Even the clock management at the end of the 2nd half was wonky.

The Ravens drive chart is disgusting:
Downs
Punt
FG
Missed FG
INT
Fumble
Missed FG
Downs
Downs

And despite our running game being unstoppable against one of the worst run defences in the league. Neither of our primary ball carriers (JK or Gus) touched the ball (or as far as I'm aware even got snaps) in the final 14 minutes of the game... In the entire 4th quarter we only ran the ball once which was at 14:54 with Gus and only called one other run play which was a false start by Justice Hill.

Just malpractice on a fundamental level. Same issue with the 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half where we decided not to run our normal explosive part of our offence despite having plenty of time and 3 timeouts.

This team knows how to self-destruct.

This feels like it has to be the defining "Greg Roman's done" game in Baltimore. No Lamar was no excuse here. Maybe Lamar saves this game but it didn't need saving if GRo didn't get into such a self-destructive playcalling pattern.

One of the most hideous displays I've seen.

Ty Huntley had his worst game as a raven.
Calais Campbell and Marcus Peters with injuries that looked significant just as we were getting close to full strength.
Justin Tucker missed 2 FGs.
Even the clock management at the end of the 2nd half was wonky.

The Ravens drive chart is disgusting:
Downs
Punt
FG
Missed FG
INT
Fumble
Missed FG
Downs
Downs

And despite our running game being unstoppable against one of the worst run defences in the league. Neither of our primary ball carriers (JK or Gus) touched the ball (or as far as I'm aware even got snaps) in the final 14 minutes of the game... In the entire 4th quarter we only ran the ball once which was at 14:54 with Gus and only called one other run play which was a false start by Justice Hill.

Just malpractice on a fundamental level. Same issue with the 2 minute drill at the end of the 1st half where we decided not to run our normal explosive part of our offence despite having plenty of time and 3 timeouts.

This feels like it has to be the defining "Greg Roman's done" game in Baltimore. No Lamar was no excuse here. Maybe Lamar saves this game but it didn't need saving if GRo didn't get into such a self-destructive playcalling pattern.

Coming from you wow lol. You've been a staunch defender of this wizard for a while.

I'm done....I'm burnt out from this team
I had hope but it is done after this display. Just another nationally televised game where we are completely garbage.

It's time for harbs to go to. This fan base has and will continue to take a major hit until something drastic changes.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

There is absolutely no justification of keeping Roman after this season. The running game was on absolute point and they don't even touch it again.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
This team as a whole has been getting worse since that 2019 season, which is really starting to look like a fluke. If our strength of schedule was slightly higher we'd be at the bottom with the Steelers.

At this point we badly need a full rebuild. We can't do the same stuff over and over and expect a better result. Fire Harbs and most of his staff (some of the position guys are fine). Trade Lamar, Andrews, and Queen for as many picks as possible for a new HC to get his guys for the offense.

Note, not putting blame on Lamar, but we aren't rebuilding around that contract. This team needs a fresh start, not bandaids.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Coming from you wow lol. You've been a staunch defender of this wizard for a while.

I'm done....I'm burnt out from this team
I had hope but it is done after this display. Just another nationally televised game where we are completely garbage.

It's time for harbs to go to. This fan base has and will continue to take a major hit until something drastic changes.

i still dont think a lot of what people have complained about through the season is on him in the way that others do

but i think this and some of the other stuff the last couple of weeks is completely indefensible and actively self-destructive and clearly is holding the team back