• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL, The 2 minute and The Playoffs Baby!

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Rest Lamar vs the Steelers. Play him vs Bengals.
Naw! Lamar has been resting for 3 weeks now. Play him against the Steelers to aid in shaking off game rust that way he will be more football ready hungry to win the division by beating the Bengals in Cinci.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Does this win guarantee we won’t see Lamar until the playoffs?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
We are in the playoffs, that is all that matters. Now we can focus on the division title in the closing weeks, it would have been nice for Cincy to lose this week and next week to allow us to clinch the division before Week 18 but things are never easy for us. Our defense is playing at a Championship level, if we get Lamar back then that alone improves our offense and we can definitely win these next two games.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
She's from Cincinnati. I'm working on converting her. She's already said she'll root for the Ravens if they aren't playing the Bengals.
This tells me she ain't REALLY into football like that. No Bengals fan would ever root for the Ravens UNLESS it benefitted them lol.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
This tells me she ain't REALLY into football like that. No Bengals fan would ever root for the Ravens UNLESS it benefitted them lol.
If we stopped dating, she'd go right back to hating the Ravens. But I'm never gonna hear the end of it if the Ravens lose. I still give her shit for the game earlier this year, so I'm expecting it right back if the Ravens lose.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
We won!
We're 10-5.
We're in the playoffs!
We have a Wildcard spot.

The Raven's offense is still atrocious. It can't keep up with offenses like the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, etc. And, the defense plays too lax once they are up 2 scores. They are a mess as well at times.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Can we please gift Roquan Smith a new contract under his Christmas Tree? He has completely changed the defense, kind of makes me wish we did this in the offseason but I imagine the Bears wanted more during the offseason before settling on a 2nd & 5th at the trade deadline.

PAY DA MAN.

Simba

Staff Member
Another ugly win, but it's a win and we're in the dance.

I think we still know the offensive issues. I was at least encouraged by the attempt at pushing the ball downfield in the passing game today, although Huntley clearly doesn't have the skillset for that. Hopefully Lamar can come back and capitalize on some of those. DeSean Jackson might be limited as far as snap counts go, but the guy is at least out there making an impact and giving the QB an avenue. We're still going to make it based on our running game though. Feels like Dobbins is still on a snap count to some extent, but Gus shouldered the load today.

Defensively, we miss Calais for sure. Started to get a lot more leaky in run D in the 2nd half and his absence was felt. I can't complain too much about the D though. Would still like to see them button up more in 2 minute types of situations, but any time your D is giving up less than 10 points, you're doing something right, no matter the opponent.