• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The OL, The 2 minute and The Playoffs Baby!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
She's from Cincinnati. I'm working on converting her. She's already said she'll root for the Ravens if they aren't playing the Bengals.
kind of like what I've done with my wife from New England. Although she has no Pats merchandise, but she does have Ravens merch.

Simba

Staff Member
Can we please gift Roquan Smith a new contract under his Christmas Tree? He has completely changed the defense, kind of makes me wish we did this in the offseason but I imagine the Bears wanted more during the offseason before settling on a 2nd & 5th at the trade deadline.

PAY DA MAN.
He's a tone setter too. So easy to see how he fits here and how everyone gravitates toward him already. He's been a revelation for us.

Simba

Staff Member
RSR is so fucking dumb complaining about only 17 points . Yea no shit, Lamar didn’t play. Bengal fans if burrow didn’t play wouldn’t be saying this shit. RSR is fucking embarrassing
I don't know what they're saying over there exactly, but I don't think it's wrong to be disappointed by 17 points. It was enough for the W but still left a lot on the board with the continued red zone struggles. Need to start getting TDs instead of FGs, regardless of who is at the helm.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The only way we are correcting the offense is to get Lamar back at QB . That is no guarantee but it’s certainly more likely than with Huntley.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
not with a dodgy knee he doesnt lol
Lamar has sat out for 3 weeks now. And being out (but practicing) all of this week would make 4 weeks prior to Sunday's game. He "should" be good to go by then. The more reps he gets the better! Plus, in this game, at home, and against the Steelers; a victory would give Lamar and the Ravens a nice boost to go into Cinci and get the needed win and wrap up the division on their field.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Another ugly win, but it's a win and we're in the dance.

I think we still know the offensive issues. I was at least encouraged by the attempt at pushing the ball downfield in the passing game today, although Huntley clearly doesn't have the skillset for that. Hopefully Lamar can come back and capitalize on some of those. DeSean Jackson might be limited as far as snap counts go, but the guy is at least out there making an impact and giving the QB an avenue. We're still going to make it based on our running game though. Feels like Dobbins is still on a snap count to some extent, but Gus shouldered the load today.

Defensively, we miss Calais for sure. Started to get a lot more leaky in run D in the 2nd half and his absence was felt. I can't complain too much about the D though. Would still like to see them button up more in 2 minute types of situations, but any time your D is giving up less than 10 points, you're doing something right, no matter the opponent.

while it's not much - i was at least encouraged to see Ty play far less spooked as a passer this week - when those deep shots were called, he put the ball up early (which he has to if he wants a chance to make plays downfield) and was decisive which gave the receiver a chance and the safeties less chance to make up ground

he's still limited but that was so much more like Ty from last year than we've seen the last 2 weeks

it's crazy how good Desean Jackson still looks at 36 lol - literally rinsing DBs on those 36 yr old hamstrings and making the rest of our WRs look like the nobodies they mostly are lol

the value of Calais, beyond being just generally a hall of famer and having a roll-back-the-years type of season as a run defender, is that he's valuable vs both run and pass - our defensive line held up well against the run with Travis Jones in there but became somewhat limited when he wasnt and Madubuike, as dominant as he is, looks less dominant without Calais

Stephens got victimised a couple of times early in man coverage on the outside vs Zaccheaus and the all-22 will be more forthcoming with how he actually played

Hamilton looks like a stud and played through that shoulder injury like a hero today - he and Humphrey been looking like the keys to the secondary - williams just so deep a lot of the time that it's hard to tell sometimes on the broadcast what he's doing