• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up: Mike Tomlins first losing season

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Wonton soup may or may not be cat soup depending on where you order it from
Not the kung pao kitten. We used to have a bunch of strays in the area and they happened to disappear coincidentally when Golden China 2 opened up. For all I know they found a loving home.

marklar

Pro Bowler
Damn the NFL for making this a middle-of-the-night-game. Had it been against anyone else, I would easily choose sleep, but the frickin' Steelers... I still pretend it is the rivalry it was some years ago and value a win higher than a playoff win.
So, to fuck up sleep at the start of the work week, take one of my very few remaining vacation days, or sleep through it? Decisions, decisions...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Damn the NFL for making this a middle-of-the-night-game. Had it been against anyone else, I would easily choose sleep, but the frickin' Steelers... I still pretend it is the rivalry it was some years ago and value a win higher than a playoff win.
So, to fuck up sleep at the start of the work week, take one of my very few remaining vacation days, or sleep through it? Decisions, decisions...
Is New Year's Day not a holiday where you are?

marklar

Pro Bowler
Oh, I assumed since it falls on the weekend, it will be extended to Monday.
Nope, for us, holidays get "invalidated" when they fall on weekends. So the christmas season on a good year has 6 workfree days, but this year we only get two. So big variations...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nope, for us, holidays get "invalidated" when they fall on weekends. So the christmas season on a good year has 6 workfree days, but this year we only get two. So big variations...

how odd
here they just move the bank holiday to the next work day if it falls on a weekend

so we always get the same number of bank holidays every year no matter what days they fall on... unless there's some shit that involves the royal family lol

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
There is only one player that can take us to the Promised Land and that is Lamar Friggin Jackson.

We better hope he's ready for the first playoff game.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
how odd
here they just move the bank holiday to the next work day if it falls on a weekend

so we always get the same number of bank holidays every year no matter what days they fall on... unless there's some shit that involves the royal family lol
Speaking of which, what happens with Queen's birthday now?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha - well strangely enough… nothing lol

It wasn’t even her birthday to begin with - they’ll just change it back to the king’s birthday and carry on lol
When Lamar is out, the Steelers game day discussion involves the queens birthday lol. The state of purple flock …..

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Haha - well strangely enough… nothing lol

It wasn’t even her birthday to begin with - they’ll just change it back to the king’s birthday and carry on lol
I knew something was fishy way back when I found out it wasn't observed on the same day in UK and here.