• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Awful, The Run Defence and The Offence

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Still think they spent too much time trying to develop every little thing in his game instead of letting him do what he does best and build on the rest over time. Glad he ended up being a hit, even if not a superstar.
I totally agree with that and they did that with Judon also.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
it's not going to be a lateral move, because any team would be able to block a coordinator under contract.

That being said, I seriously doubt they would have any issues moving laterally to us with Lamar Jackson as the QB, if they could. They can't so it's useless even discussing it.

I like Frank Reich as a coordinator and feel he would be the perfect for Lamar. It wasn't that long ago he brought Carson Wentz and Nick Foles to the Super Bowl and won the game. He was the coordinator with the team.
I agree with everything you've said about an OC. Problem is, and everyone needs to realize, there is no change coming THIS season. They will ride it out continuing to suck and losing with Lamar instead of Huntley. is there anything they can do to improve? They have everyone except Bateman and they still can't get a first down when needed. The die is cast for a change from Roman, but it won't happen this year... I agree.
Everyone saw the offensive performance coming a mile away. No one thought we'd be run on like that.
...and yet the DEF still allowed only 16 points. A TD mixed in with any one of our RZ appearances wins the game. It's an appalling display.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with everything you've said about an OC. Problem is, and everyone needs to realize, there is no change coming THIS season. They will ride it out continuing to suck and losing with Lamar instead of Huntley. is there anything they can do to improve? They have everyone except Bateman and they still can't get a first down when needed. The die is cast for a change from Roman, but it won't happen this year... I agree.

...and yet the DEF still allowed only 16 points. A TD mixed in with any one of our RZ appearances wins the game. It's an appalling display.
They don't have Duvernay. The issue is Roman, because he does not know how to design pass plays.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Still think they spent too much time trying to develop every little thing in his game instead of letting him do what he does best and build on the rest over time. Glad he ended up being a hit, even if not a superstar.
The Raven have done that with OLBs forever. I've never been a fan of it- I think it slows their development and sometimes stunts it entirely, but it does fit in with the Ravens general philosophy of being more interested in having a high floor than a high ceiling, in all things.

D1City55

Pro Bowler
IDK about letting the defense off the hook.

Yeah, can't blame them fully, but they did give up 200 yards on the ground, and again allowed TD in the final minute. Not to mention this isn't a good Steelers offense. Pickett is still growing as a player and as of now is probably one of the worst starters in the league(Rookie, I know). We weren't playing the 2013 Broncos, we were playing a pretty pitiful offense. Really just sad to see the defense give up a TD there.