• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Awful, The Run Defence and The Offence

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
But you've spent the last 10 minutes trying to convince yourself I wasn't.
No, sideline coverage- I know you weren't. But you keep responding because you have this burning desire to be the smartest person, even though you never will be. But you keep on trying, sideline coverage.

Would it make you feel better if I pulled a you- "I've just been trolling."

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Are you sure its that I say nothing prospective all week routinely? Or that for the last two weeks I've been working very little, and therefore, not on the boards?

But in all reality... what was going to go differently? What did you see from the offense or even the defense in the last month and then watched Sunday and was like "fuck I didn't see that coming"? Like Christ people did you think Huntley was going to sling the rock all over the yard on Sunday? The gameplan was the same gamplan you've seen for weeks now. How did you think it was going to go?
Everyone saw the offensive performance coming a mile away. No one thought we'd be run on like that.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Everyone saw the offensive performance coming a mile away. No one thought we'd be run on like that.
OK, and? I also said it was surprising to me as well.
At same time, its basically same outcome as Browns game on the flip side. Like they ran it a lot, but couldn't convert TDs in the red zone, and needed big plays from their QB to win the game.

Same thing we needed against Cleveland. We didn't get it, and they did.

Offensively it was literally exactly what everybody thought it was going to be. I'm just confused reading all these hindsight analysis about how "pathetic" it was and how the effort was bad. I didn't see that. Pathetic effort displays on this team usually lead to like 20-25 point blowouts. Wasn't close to that. I thought we were the best team on the field for 3 quarters. We even made more critical plays than them in the first three quarters.
They just made more, better plays late. Sounds like a division game between two teams that, at the present, are pretty comparable to each other, due to the differences in QB play.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
No, sideline coverage- I know you weren't. But you keep responding because you have this burning desire to be the smartest person, even though you never will be. But you keep on trying, sideline coverage.

Would it make you feel better if I pulled a you- "I've just been trolling."
I just want you to feel better. I get paid to be here, so my feelings aren't as important. It's about what you want kid. As long as you feel better, I feel better.

But you're still not getting the Gold Star back no matter how much you beg.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
I just want you to feel better. I get paid to be here, so my feelings aren't as important. It's about what you want kid. As long as you feel better, I feel better.

Whatever you say, sideline coverage.

JAAM

Hall of Famer

Late night in the office?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The injuries to Fuller, Pierce, Bateman, Hamilton, Stanley, Lamar, Duvernay, Campbell, Peters during this season took a toll.
lets not forget we lost Houston for several weeks, Bowser, Edwards and JK Dobbins for over half the season

The injuries that happened last season that carried over into this season were devastating.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
lets not forget we lost Houston for several weeks, Bowser, Edwards and JK Dobbins for over half the season

The injuries that happened last season that carried over into this season were devastating.
I wish we ready this season with it possibly being campbell, houston and peters last year.. we are gonna need a vet wr and pass rusher for us to make it far next season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’d much rather have Linderbaum but I agree. I just can’t trust Bateman anymore. I wouldn’t mind signing/trading for one or two WRs while also selecting a WR high. Time to give Lamar the Hurts/Tag treatment

I love Bateman, and his college tape was exceptional, but we cant rely on him with these injuries
he's certainly a part of the solution but we need to add talent obviously...

with the OL in good shape for 2023 (pending what we do at OG), I would love to see us, maybe even at the expense of letting the defence regress a little, go and grab talent at WR either high in the draft or a vet (or both) and give Lamar the weapons he had in 2021 with the pass protecting OL he has in 2022

obviously with a new playcaller would be a pre-requisite also

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But he's a deep threat. He shouldn't be a WR1. He should be a deep threat, but WR1 is just forcing it cuz we have no receivers.

what are you talking about?
Bateman's way more than a deep threat - he's a nuanced route runner at all 3 levels of the field with freaky ankle flexion that allows him to make cuts that most people with his physique cant

part of his game is his ability to win deep - but that's only one facet of it

rossihunter2

Staff Member
it's not going to be a lateral move, because any team would be able to block a coordinator under contract.

That being said, I seriously doubt they would have any issues moving laterally to us with Lamar Jackson as the QB, if they could. They can't so it's useless even discussing it.

just to be clear, it's not ridiculous to consider lateral moves - yes teams can block them, but if it's something that coach wants to do, then in at least some cases teams would give permission

they can block it if they want but not necessarily a given in all scenarios