• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Awful, The Run Defence and The Offence

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kolar 2 snaps
Isabella 3 snaps
Proche 4 snaps

What are we doing guys? Ojabo should've been out there.

It’s called tilting.

Our roster so ugly that we trying desperately to find any thing to work. But when it comes down to it, it all sucks.

That and our coaches don’t have a real gameplan for our players.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Why do you think it's one or the other? The offense and defense have been bad. And the offensive and defensive coaching also bad. The whole team has been bad
It’s not one or the other but clearly the defense is the better unit currently. I don’t think the defense has been bad either. We’re one of the best in the league statistically. Doesn’t mean their perfect and can’t be better but we should appreciate how great they’ve been holistically. I don’t think MM has been bad either, I place the majority of the blame on execution. Play calling is irrelevant if your getting blown off the ball.

Offensively we’re just so beat up it’s hard to be upset about any of this. But they have been really really bad. Looking forward to a restart with Lamar under a new coordinator next year.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
It’s not one or the other but clearly the defense is the better unit currently. I don’t think the defense has been bad either. We’re one of the best in the league statistically. Doesn’t mean their perfect and can’t be better but we should appreciate how great they’ve been holistically. I don’t think MM has been bad either, I place the majority of the blame on execution. Play calling is irrelevant if your getting blown off the ball.

Offensively we’re just so beat up it’s hard to be upset about any of this. But they have been really really bad. Looking forward to a restart with Lamar under a new coordinator next year.
The only issue with benchmarking the defense is they've only played basically scrub teams the whole year and particularly the last 8 weeks. Offense is flaming garbage though.

We can definitely agree that getting Lamar a new OC is imperative

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
The only issue with benchmarking the defense is they've only played basically scrub teams the whole year and particularly the last 8 weeks. Offense is flaming garbage though.

And to think we had one of the best offenses in the league at the start of the year...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yea it’s fair to acknowledge that but it is what it is. If Lamar was healthy and crushing scrub defenses for 8 weeks straight we’d be talking MVP consideration , not the quality of his opponent’s.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Ok, Everyone!!! Let's go and beat those bangy bangle bracelets. Lets go win this division!!!!! We also have a playoff spot. Remember, we have never won SB with the divison crown, sad as that may be. C'mon!!! We can do it, but I do think Harbs should call the plays instead of Roman
Actually we did. In 2012, we won the division in week 16 but I get your point though.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Yea it’s fair to acknowledge that but it is what it is. If Lamar was healthy and crushing scrub defenses for 8 weeks straight we’d be talking MVP consideration , not the quality of his opponent’s.
Totally agree. Just sort of foreshadowing what will happen to this defense if it plays KC or Buffalo again. And probably what will happen next week vs Cincy

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ok, Everyone!!! Let's go and beat those bangy bangle bracelets. Lets go win this division!!!!! We also have a playoff spot. Remember, we have never won SB with the divison crown, sad as that may be. C'mon!!! We can do it, but I do think Harbs should call the plays instead of Roman

The problem with beating the Bengals week 17 is that it’ll give Harbs and this dumb coaching staff a false sense of victory. It’ll only ensure that they’ll go into playoffs with the same gameplan and believe that’s their road to victory. As if Bengals didn’t do any adjustments and just gonna use their same gameplan from the L they just took.
Then when we get hit in the mouth 1st half, Harbs gonna be standing there on the sideline with that shocked pikachu face like “how this happened?” And since he and his coaching staff suck at in-game adjustments, we Gon just get embarrassed.

2018 against the Chargers all over again.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Are we particularly beat up on offense? Obviously Lamar is a massive loss, but the O Line TEs and RBs have been healthy.

It's Romanball, so while Bateman and Duvernay are huge losses on paper, Rashod was averaging 3 catches a week when healthy and Duvernay had been frozen out of the 'gameplan' for months before he got hurt.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Are we particularly beat up on offense? Obviously Lamar is a massive loss, but the O Line TEs and RBs have been healthy.

It's Romanball, so while Bateman and Duvernay are huge losses on paper, Rashod was averaging 3 catches a week when healthy and Duvernay had been frozen out of the 'gameplan' for months before he got hurt.
those 3 catches are on Roman also. We need an OC that will utilize a talented WR like Bateman.

Tank

Hall of Famer

I think Duvernay was playing hurt for a couple of weeks before he went out. Bateman was getting his targets before going down week 5, then again week 8. Dobbins is back, has been OK, but runs like he’s wearing concrete cleats. Not sure about Gus, been in and out.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Well the common denominator over the last two seasons is the defense cannot hold a lead under Harbaugh. This is under Wink and now MM, two different DC's with different defensive schemes.

The defensive problem is clearly on Harbaugh.
Offense scored 0 points on 4 straight possessions.. 50 yard return and still had to punt. This is much more on the offense than it is defense.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Yea I’d say so. JK is our go to weapon right now and he looks like a shell of a shell of himself limping around on long runs. Gus has no burst. And of course the WR position.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so sick of this teams inability to beat the Steelers, they haven’t even been a good team lately and we still always lose to them

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not that he's bad but we need a change. His philosophy/message has gotten stale. He keeps his bad coordinators on for too long. Doesn't make the necessary changes when they are needed. 2 playoff wins in a decade is the definition of mediocre.
I mean our team/offense has been mediocre too. Not sticking up for roman but our wrs have been terrible since he joined our team. Not to mention their has been a lot of injuries. I dnt believe any oc in history could help this offense win a bowl with these terrible wrs.