• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Baltimore Orioles

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
What a choke job. This series is over . Swept after winning over 100 games .
I just knew the starting pitching wasn’t playoff winning level .

What a disappointment.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's a young team and to accomplish what they did this year, winning over 100 games, winning the AL East and being the number one seed in the AL only three years removed from losing 100 games is incredible. We will be back but we have got to spend the money on pitching, we know we can compete for the World Series with the guys we have, just need more pitching help.

The second time in which we have watched a Baltimore sports team choke in the playoffs after a magical season. 2019 Ravens.... Meet the 2023 Orioles.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rangers better win the World Series. You don't silence our bats unless your pitching isn't a fluke or they too banged trash cans and stole signals.

Rangers are flukes if they don't win it all.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Rangers better win the World Series. You don't silence our bats unless your pitching isn't a fluke or they too banged trash cans and stole signals.

Rangers are flukes if they don't win it all.
Come on dude, they're a good team and shouldn't be dismissed like that

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I hated the matchup with the Rangers all the way back at the beginning of September and when they were trading the division lead with the M's and Astros I was pulling for both the others. The Rangers can mash, man. It was a bad matchup to begin with, but when they are clearly seeing softballs and we don't have our best stuff AND the bats went cold before the season ended, it was trouble time.

Would've liked to take at least one, but this isn't going to sit well with these young guys. Can hope for another 100 win season next year, but hopefully they remember the ride they took this season and can get back for another go next season.

What irks me the most is that now we only have the Ravens going and they are not easy to watch and tend to just make me angry. lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
I missed this the other day but caught it yesterday. Not sure how a vet of Hicks' tenure can miss a sign in such a critical situation. Of course no one knows if it would have changed things but..... damn.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Go get Shohei Ohtani Angelos... don't be cheap!
No thanks. He'll be the top paid player in the game, he's a DH at best next year and there's no telling how he comes back from TJ surgery.

But yeah, don't be cheap John. Replace Gibson and Flahrety with two top starters.

Last edited:

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
No thanks. He'll be the top paid player in the game, he's a DH at best next year and there's no telling how he comes back from TJ surgery.

But yeah, don't be cheap John. Replace Gibson and Flahrety with two top starters.
Yeah, pass on Ohtani. I don't really want Flaherty back, Gibson (probably too expensive), maybe; but either in a different role would be ok and at least one legit 2 or higher is fine. I think our starting pitching is going to be way better next year, even with the same guys who ended the year. I don't want to trade guys like Santander, Urias, and Mateo. They're going to have to do something with them, tho. There are kids coming up. I think Santander is the most likely to stick, then Mateo because I think playing OF and IF and his speed give him weird value, but Urias is almost certainly out. Makes me sad, because everytime I turned around this summer that guy was front and center of a game saving or winning play. Unexpected HR's, Brooks-like grab on the corner, love the guy.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
...if Fuji comes at the right price, dude has the stuff to kill it. Hope they figure something out with Lopez too. We got a good club as is that needs some tweaks. We are going to be tough next year. We might not win as many games, but I'll bet we are in the mix again.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
If anyone hasn't bought their AL East Champion Merchandise... well now they are on sale lol. Damn, not even waiting for Black Friday or a Christmas sale.

Tank

Hall of Famer

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
The way it ended can't sit right with any of them. For how resilient they were all year and how much they continued to improve, even into early September, the Playoffs were a wet fart.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The bottomline is we gotta keep Elias. Extend his deal even longer if we can. His 2 late trades didn't work out but I would personally keep Fuji. Our pitching staff is in sore need of an ace preferably under team control for a few yrs via trade or open up the pocketbook for a vetera in FA.

Tank

Hall of Famer
...if Fuji comes at the right price, dude has the stuff to kill it. Hope they figure something out with Lopez too. We got a good club as is that needs some tweaks. We are going to be tough next year. We might not win as many games, but I'll bet we are in the mix again.
The knock on Fuji has been he can’t consistently throw strikes, which is what got him taken off the roster here. Don’t think he’ll be in the plans.