• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Baltimore Orioles

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
A few painful losses in a row. Losing 1-0 is pretty remarkable for this team. Is it just me or do we miss Mountcastle? Shaky pitching against the Reds and then a pitching duel last night. Didn't play badly, just quiet bats. I think the Mountie is actually missed...

Tank

Hall of Famer
A few painful losses in a row. Losing 1-0 is pretty remarkable for this team. Is it just me or do we miss Mountcastle? Shaky pitching against the Reds and then a pitching duel last night. Didn't play badly, just quiet bats. I think the Mountie is actually missed...
Just a bump in the road. Let’s go!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So we going to throw it all away? We better than the Yankees, stop losing to sucky teams.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I could tell with those two solo HR's that the Skanks were gonna not go out laying down even tho they looked flat as a pancake until then. But those were two terrible pitches by Wells. He has got to figure out a way to keep the ball down, especially as the game goes on. He looked stellar for 5 innings and then if they hadn't given him the hook, pretty sure he'd have thrown 2-3 more dingers. Uncharacteristic failure from the pen, but they've been working pretty hard. I can't stand losing that way especially to the Yankers. My wife and I were talking in the early innings about universally hated teams in sports and were hard pressed to find another more disliked team than the Yankers.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
20230704_220857.jpg

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
A split ain't so bad, but it woulda been nicer to beat up on them a little more. Got the Twins again now. Played us tough last week - I hate when they stack series like this... gotta hope the bats have awakened. There sometimes seems a tougher mindset from the middle relievers when they observe the team hitting. Maybe that's just me, but it seemed like these last two series, especially relief, that they just weren't focused. Last night it didn't natter too much, but they also managed to not allow the Skanks to even get close.

edit - they were doing so well last night I tuned out to finally watch the 30 for 30, The Bullies of Baltimore. Great show. Would've been fun to be there and lots of insights and behind the scenes of the most fun season I've ever experienced as a Ravens fan. Those guys genuinely liked each other and it showed. I love when that happens with a team in any sport.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Last game before the All-Star break. 4 straight wins; a fifth would be nice. Facing a quality starter today. Gonna need to be patient at the plate, get outs from our pitching, and play solid D.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

That's a guy you gotta be happy for. Playing in New York must be zero fun right now. Dropped by a hot-head management team and now shining on a divisional foe is a nice kick in their pants. But that video is such an awesome example of hitting we haven't seen in a long time... Just go with the pitch. All those years of pull hitters like Chris Davis unable to adjust. Not since Nick Markakis have we had hitters who can go just go with pitches. So important. That one flew out.

I love you can just tell they're all having fun.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Man whatta shame Adley had to go against Robert in the first round.
Yeah, I still don't understand why they don't pit them all against one another in the first round. The top 4 go on. Then the top two and then you have the actual player who hit the MOST HR's. I think that's what makes home run derby. Altho, back in the day when they did this as a half hour show in the 60's, it was a bracket setup like they do now. I just don't like it for a one and done competition. anyway...

Adley was pretty impressive; especially the last 8 from the right side. I thought that was cool. Let's se him knock one in the actual game tonight!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Well, pretty uneventful, sad for Bautista, but at least it was a game that didn't cost us. lol. Hopefully, it's out of his system.

What did you guys think of the Mic'd Up features with the players talking as they were playing? Have they done this before? I have missed watching the AllStar Game - at least the whole game, over the past couple of years. I thought it was weird. Especially with the NL pitcher on in the the 1st inning. Talking in his ear and expecting a response when he was preparing to deal was just odd to me and sort of distracting from the game.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Well, pretty uneventful, sad for Bautista, but at least it was a game that didn't cost us. lol. Hopefully, it's out of his system.

What did you guys think of the Mic'd Up features with the players talking as they were playing? Have they done this before? I have missed watching the AllStar Game - at least the whole game, over the past couple of years. I thought it was weird. Especially with the NL pitcher on in the the 1st inning. Talking in his ear and expecting a response when he was preparing to deal was just odd to me and sort of distracting from the game.
They’ve been doing the mic’d up thing on network games this year, it’s definitely different.

Felix and his propensity to giving up the long ball in tight situations is worrisome.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
They’ve been doing the mic’d up thing on network games this year, it’s definitely different.

Felix and his propensity to giving up the long ball in tight situations is worrisome.
He's only given up 4 home runs this year, and one of them was in a meaningless game

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
He's only given up 4 home runs this year, and one of them was in a meaningless game

You're right. I went back and looked at his stats. He's only blown 5 saves. One resulted as a loss for him, two others resulted in team losses after he was removed. So three of the 5 were team losses. The other two resulted in team wins. One of them he got the win, the other the team won, but another reliever got the win. There were also 3 games where he got the win when he came into a tied or one run game in the 9th and pitched it out or completed the game in the 10th to get those wins.

IDK, I can't explain why sometimes I worry, but I do. It's not even walks - which I thought he had more than his stats show... 19. Maybe it's his strike ratio: 65%. IDK, lol. Sometimes I start to sweat a little. ^_^ He definitely earned his AS spot!