• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Baltimore Orioles

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
What I really like is the patience at the plate for all of these guys. I think back when we were last competitive with the Adam Jones bunch how aggressive they were at first pitches; almost always getting behind in the count. This team is occasionally on first pitches, but their hitting coach, Ryan Fuller, seems to have them right where he wants them. Some cold patches, but they come around and stay hot. Sure seems he is able to coach them up and spot errors they're making to get them back on the ball.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Tough loss last night to a tough pitcher. Berrios looked great. Bradish was no slouch either, tho. We face another tough matchup today. Hoping for the series win.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another hot opponent, another series win. Reds next, they're on fire.
Im just glad you didnt play "Two out of three ain't bad" lol. Seattle showed they're a good team and I think Julio Rodriguez can be a star. Good to see Mullins back.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
I'm not gonna lie, after that Friday night game, I was a little worried for what the rest of the series was going to look like. But one thing I know in baseball is that 2/3 in every series is a great season. I love how they bounced back. I've always wondered how teams get back into game mode after long rain delays. I was sort of shocked when Friday's game wasn't cancelled, but it seems to me that whoever comes out of those things and gets a rally early is the team that wins. Seattle just came out fast and we looked like a wet noodle. lol

But recovering and winning the series continues to show no quit in this club and that makes me really excited as we reach the mid way point.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Check out the nifty infield play at 2nd base by our newest addition, Jordan Westburg... 1:37 of the recap. Excellent play. And Mateo with a spinning throw that almost got the DP. Westburg with a walk, RBI, run scored, and his first big league hit. Good night!