• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Baltimore Orioles

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
This team is for real, gentlemen. I joked a few years ago that they wouldn't be any good until my oldest was a Senior in HS... They've clearly beaten that schedule. lol. She just finished her Freshman year and the kids that used to love JJ Hardy are now ADD-lee RUTCHman fans. lol.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Caught the end if the game last night and saw the McKenna soft pitch thing. Been watching baseball a long time but that was a first for me. Pretty ridiculous and painful to watch.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Tough loss today too. Missed the game and just looked at the box score. Glad I missed the uni's. Texas is tough. My buddy gave a stat about them, I think it was run differential in wins? I can't remember, but they are crazy plus on it. Maybe it was runs against... I can't remember after beerss and sun and planting tomatoees. We fucking lost and need to get a win so we're not swept out on these shitty uniforms.

By the way, there was a study about the Orioles logos - specifically the cartoon birds we love. We win with those, we don't with the other ornithological or the O. Proven fact. Here's one article, but there are others out there.

Cartoon Bird rules!

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
AL Central is weak. Hopefully, a 3 game set will with the former Indians will get us back on track. I'd be happy if I never saw the all black uni's again, too.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
Losing Mullins is going to be painful. It looked like they were headed for a little slump, but it's going to be compounded now.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Losing Mullins is going to be painful. It looked like they were headed for a little slump, but it's going to be compounded now.
Maybe with the change of scenery.Hicks breaks out of his slump. Cedric will be solely missed though, hopefully it's just a couple of weeks.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe with the change of scenery.Hicks breaks out of his slump. Cedric will be solely missed though, hopefully it's just a couple of weeks.
It was due to happen that some sort of injury like this was gonna happen. Wish it wasn't Mullins tho. Jeez.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm heading to Toronto, CA for the first time this August. I timed it out to go when the O's play the Blue Jays in the beginning of the month and to catch the series while I was there visiting Toronto. Has anyone been to the Blue Jays Stadium and where is the best seat to sit on the visitor side by our dugout?

Tank

Hall of Famer
I'm heading to Toronto, CA for the first time this August. I timed it out to go when the O's play the Blue Jays in the beginning of the month and to catch the series while I was there visiting Toronto. Has anyone been to the Blue Jays Stadium and where is the best seat to sit on the visitor side by our dugout?
Haven’t been in the stadium, but Toronto is cool. Visit the ROM and be sure to go up the CN Tower. You can see into the stadium from the tower, right next to it. They have a great subway, super clean. Easy to get around.

FYI…..don’t expect the weather to be cool in August. Been there at that time and it was smokin’ hot and humid.

Last edited:

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler

I've been to the park twice back in the 90's just after it opened, when Hard Rock was still there. I don't think it is anymore... Fun time, but it was before the Bautista years which made me hate them almost as much as the Yankers and I've heard the fans can get obnoxious when the O's are in town nowadays. Been into Toronto 2-3 times with a buddy that was going to school in Buffalo and it was a fun trip each time. Niagra Falls from the Canadian side is a cool thing to see.

We sat on the first base side, about 3/4 of the way down the line and in the right field bleachers. Both times I was struck by how difficult it was to follow the ball on the turf with the roof open. The glare on the turf made it almost impossible to track the ball off the bat. I was still pretty excited to be there each time tho, the park is pretty cool. Also, we hung around Hard Rock afterwards and had dinner and they closed the roof which was really cool to see. But alas, I'm nerding out on the tech.

drjohnnyfever

Pro Bowler
It seems like that rough patch has begun to smooth out. Gotta love a couple dingers and timely hits. Really like an early lead and being able to add insurance runs at the end. They continue to have no quit in 'em. Fun to watch.