• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Turnovers and The Rematch on the Way!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Before the game, with the Ravens resting starters, many of us wanted to see the young guys show us something.

And by and large they did.

First outing of the Nigerian Nightmare was exciting. Ojabo with a sack fumble and at least 1 other pressure, Oweh with a sack and at least 1 other pressure, Madubuike with at least 1 dominant pressure.

Charlie Kolar first sightings. Nothing special but nice to see him do something.

Isaiah Likely looking like preseason Isaiah Likely. This guy is a weapon if he can do what he does with backups with Lamar. Had his first 100 yard game today.

Anthony Brown grew into the game. Threw an awful pick early but got better. Was unlucky to be picked a 2nd time because of DRob (who had one of the worst games I've maybe ever seen from a WR in a season full of awful WR games). Took a poor sack fumble for a TD right on the goal-line. But a bunch of positives in how he performed given the expectations.

The defence was awesome. Marcus Williams came out tackling like he was disinterested in the first quarter but made up for it later. Daryl Worley got picked on but even with that clear weakness on defence, the Bengals scored 6 points not off turnovers and short-field.

I very much look forward to a rematch.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It is weird to me how Likely looks great when Andrews does not play but the moment they both are in the game at the same time Likely thinks he has to have stone hands to help make Andrews look good.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
AB actually played better than Huntley. I do hope that if Lamar can't play next week, AB does. After the picks, he was great. Also likely. He was a superstar today

Simba

Staff Member
Not a bad game by any means but don't think there's too much to take away from it other than some young guys doing solid with their reps. Of course you'll never know, but there's part of me that feels an offense with Dobbins and Andrews and a defense with Peters makes this game a toss up.

I don't think Worley is any good on a normal day, but I'll give him a lot of credit for playing hard and putting up some good tape at times. He was the obvious target on the field today and I felt like he held up decently well considering how much they went his way. Not easy for a guy like that to matchup against Chase and Higgins all day.