• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2023

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jim Harbaugh potentially out there...
Sean Payton definitely out there...

some coaches 100% on the hot seat, if they've not been fired already - 3 vacancies already:

Broncos
Panthers
Colts

Potential Black Monday Firings:

Lovie Smith - Texans (would be outrageous if they went 1 and done with 2 consecutive coaches)
Kliff Kingsbury - Cardinals (did just sign an extension before the year)
Ron Rivera - Commanders

Apparently Mike McDaniel and Brandon Staley were both on the hot seat - I imagine playoff berths mean it's unlikely they'll be ousted this year... but early shambolic exits might usher in changes potential - worth keeping an eye on.

Earlier this Winter, Josina Anderson reported that there were some longer-tenured HCs who might be moving on soon with the respective organisations already looking at succession plans but no word yet on who those guys are. There have been rumours that Sean McVay is thinking about retiring from the Rams. Maybe it's finally time for BB or Pete Carroll? We're always due a surprise. Last year it was Sean Payton, this year we'll see...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think the Commanders fire Ron Rivera in what very well could be Dan Snyders last year with the team. Ron Rivera steadies the franchise a bit and would also allow the new owner a year to decide on the new HC.

I knew the Payton rumors were out last year, but it's so hard to believe a coach his age would retire. Maybe he has lost his umph or needs time off.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
I don't think the Commanders fire Ron Rivera in what very well could be Dan Snyders last year with the team. Ron Rivera steadies the franchise a bit and would also allow the new owner a year to decide on the new HC.

I knew the Payton rumors were out last year, but it's so hard to believe a coach his age would retire. Maybe he has lost his umph or needs time off.
I hope they do.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
someone needs to get the message to Dan Snyder that Greg Roman would be a great HC, especially since he is looking to sell the team. He's just provides so much stability to an organization.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
someone needs to get the message to Dan Snyder that Greg Roman would be a great HC, especially since he is looking to sell the team. He's just provides so much stability to an organization.
Yeah. Especailly with that run game there, he would be amaazing. He works so harddddddd

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Bengals - safe
Browns - safe
Ravens - Roman gone, Harbaugh pretty safe
Ravens - Harbaugh is safe, but Greg Roman will "go their separate ways, Wink style"
Steelers - safe
Titans - safe
Jaguars - safe
Colts - Saturday interim gone/high jeopardy
Texans - Fired moments ago
Chargers - safe, weird Payton rumors though
Raiders - safe (due to the destitute franchise)
Broncos - Rossberg interim gone
Chiefs - safest of safe
Patriots - "OCs" gone/reassigned, Bill O'Brien rumors as new OC
Dolphins - McDaniels probably ok, since they won today.
Bills - safe
Jets - Saleh unknown, non-zero jeopardy, likely safe

Giants - safe, coach of the year candidate
Cowboys - likely safe?
Eagles - safe
Commies - who knows what Snyder will do. No one is safe in Washington.
Vikings - safe
Packers - safe
Lions - safe
Bears - safe
Cardinals - high jeopardy
Seahawks - safe
49'ers - safe
Rams - McVey may retire, safe if he wants to stay
Falcons - Smith - safe
Bucs - Bowles - unknown level of security
Panthers - interim coach is gone
Saints - unknown status, high level of variation

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'd figure we have one thread going over all the Head Coach firings and hirings that are about to happen. I'm putting it here so it's easier for everyone to see it, plus if Greg Roman potentially gets any interviews and what not for Head Coach. We know of three openings already as Matt Rhule was fired in Carolina, Colts fired Frank Reich while Nathanial Hackett was fired in Denver. That is three openings with more to come tomorrow... or tonight. Texans just fired Lovie Smith, once again another one year and done Head Coach for Houston.

Current Openings:
Panthers
Colts
Broncos
Texans

Possibilities:
Cardinals: Kliff Kingsbury
Rams: Sean McVay(Retirement?)
Raiders: Josh McDaniels (Mark Davis too broke to fire McDaniels?)
Saints: Dennis Allen

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Bengals - safe
Browns - safe
Ravens - Roman gone, Harbaugh pretty safe
Ravens - Harbaugh is safe, but Greg Roman will "go their separate ways, Wink style"
Steelers - safe
Titans - safe
Jaguars - safe
Colts - Saturday interim gone/high jeopardy
Texans - Fired moments ago
Chargers - safe, weird Payton rumors though
Raiders - safe (due to the destitute franchise)
Broncos - Rossberg interim gone
Chiefs - safest of safe
Patriots - "OCs" gone/reassigned, Bill O'Brien rumors as new OC
Dolphins - McDaniels probably ok, since they won today.
Bills - safe
Jets - Saleh unknown, non-zero jeopardy, likely safe

Giants - safe, coach of the year candidate
Cowboys - likely safe?
Eagles - safe
Commies - who knows what Snyder will do. No one is safe in Washington.
Vikings - safe
Packers - safe
Lions - safe
Bears - safe
Cardinals - high jeopardy
Seahawks - safe
49'ers - safe
Rams - McVey may retire, safe if he wants to stay
Falcons - Smith - safe
Bucs - Bowles - unknown level of security
Panthers - interim coach is gone
Saints - unknown status, high level of variation
You missed the Ravens, only have them twice

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Coordinator changes also posting here I assume?

Joe Woods is out as DC in Cleveland. First of what is certain to be tons of Coordinator changes.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He wants the all time win record from Don Shula, he'll keep coaching until he gets that.
Will see. I'm not convinced. Still needs 31 to pass, and there's no Brady around anymore either, so that could take 3-4 years or more. I'm not sure he sticks around to 75. Also not really Bill's style to worry about stuff like that.