• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2023

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well now JJ Watt can say whatever he wants.... It's now official. 49ers DC and former Texans Player DeMeco Ryans is the new Head Coach of the Houston Texans.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sean Payton has been traded to the Broncos as Denver now has their new Head Coach. The compensation is as follows, Saints Receive Broncos' 2023 1st Round Pick, 2024 2nd Round Pick and the Broncos receive Head Coach Sean Payton & Saints 2024 3rd Round Pick.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Well now JJ Watt can say whatever he wants.... It's now official. 49ers DC and former Texans Player DeMeco Ryans is the new Head Coach of the Houston Texans.

Listening to his interview on GMFB, he talked about being aggressive and winning at the line of scrimmage (who are we kidding, everyone and their mama knows that it always starts up front). I couldn't help, but think Roman could help with that. Assuming they draft Stroud or Young, they can build up their running game with Pierce.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Listening to his interview on GMFB, he talked about being aggressive and winning at the line of scrimmage (who are we kidding, everyone and their mama knows that it always starts up front). I couldn't help, but think Roman could help with that. Assuming they draft Stroud or Young, they can build up their running game with Pierce.

Roman could absolutely help with that

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Texans hiring Bobby Slowik as their OC and bringing in Klint Kubiak as run game coordinator.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Texans hiring Bobby Slowik as their OC and bringing in Klint Kubiak as run game coordinator.

yep, starting to round out this staff. I was interested in both Klint Kubiak and Slowik as offensive coordinator.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
currently with the ravens and commies being interested in Bieniemy as their OC, the one thing that concerns me is with Rivera on the hot seat with the new owners that this could be an in for a HC for EB.

Please someone please talk me off the ledge.

@Dom McRaven

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
With Steichen being the Colts next HC
think it's likely that Brian Johnson becomes the next Eagles OC which would take him off our list

which would be disappointing but not unsurprising
or he goes to the Cardinals to become the OC, but I agree he probably will end up the OC of the Eagles.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Seahawks QB Coach Dave Canales who interviewed with us for our OC opening, lands in Tampa as the new Offensive Coordinator. Geno to Tampa?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Looks like Rex Ryan may be coming back to the sidelines in 2023. He has emerged as the top candidate to become Denver's Defensive Coordinator under Sean Payton.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Eric Bieniemy will get his chance to show what he can do outside of Andy Reid. He was named the Commanders new Offensive Coordinator along with the additional title of Assistant Head Coach. All I know is they better have a plan at Quarterback, going from Mahomes to whatever they plan on doing at QB. Whatever they decide is going to determine if Bieniemy gets Head Coaching interviews or becomes one later on.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Eric Bieniemy will get his chance to show what he can do outside of Andy Reid. He was named the Commanders new Offensive Coordinator along with the additional title of Assistant Head Coach. All I know is they better have a plan at Quarterback, going from Mahomes to whatever they plan on doing at QB. Whatever they decide is going to determine if Bieniemy gets Head Coaching interviews or becomes one later on.

I believe they said Howell is assumed to be QB1. I'm sure they're gonna get a veteran though as Wentz is gone and maybe Heinicke as well.