• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Coaching Carousel 2023

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
As you said, outrageous. LMAO.
While I think its shit to can a coach after one year, there's two things I'll say on this:
1. I think it was total shit he got the job to begin with. Just like I thought it was total shit David Culley got the job to begin with. Really don't understand what either of those guys brings to the table as a HC to make you think they'd do a good job.
2. If you make the hiring mistake, I think the next worst thing you can do is continue to double down on it for the sake of "optics". Like Hackett didn't even get a season, and people didn't have a problem with him getting canned. If you make a bad hire, don't perpetuate the bad hire by pretending its not a bad hire, just so people won't complain about "optics".

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Up to 5 vacancies now:

Panthers
Colts
Broncos
Texans
Cardinals
Thinking this could be it for this year, maybe. Barring say Staley getting fired if Chargers lose to the Jags, McVay retiring, Pete Carroll retiring, or Andy Reid retiring.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
what about ron rivera?
Forgot about him. Given how dysfunctional Washington is, I can see it but if they really believe in him, they need to get him a good quarterback this year. They have the talent to compete, just not the QB.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Titans fans everywhere can rejoice...... They also fired offensive line coach Keith Carter, secondary coach Anthony Midget and offensive skill assistant Erik Frazier.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
New Offensive Coordinator coming for Washington.

hmmm, I know some skins fans are ok with him, but some say he's just not good at adjustments.

He runs a more modern version of his dads offense, but it's all based off Air Coryell / Joe Gibbs scheme.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
OC options.

What are everyones thoughts on Matt Weiss, the OC of the Wolverines. Yeah yeah yeah, we. might as well change our name to the Wolverines if we go this route, but I wondering what people think of him for those that follow more college football.

Thoughts?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
OC options.

What are everyones thoughts on Matt Weiss, the OC of the Wolverines. Yeah yeah yeah, we. might as well change our name to the Wolverines if we go this route, but I wondering what people think of him for those that follow more college football.

Thoughts?

OC options.

Thoughts?
I knew that name sounded familiar and while with the Ravens seemed to have had the oppurtunity to do pretty much everything from defense to offense. Could be a sneaky good hire cuz the turnaround in Mich the last 2 yrs has been phenomenal. Just seems crazy how MCDonald and Weiss have traveled similar paths.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Very interesting... but it would give Bieniemy a chance to show what he can do as an OC without Andy Reid.