• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2022 NFL Playoffs Discussion

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
What do you guys think of the overtime rules?

If outside I would take the wind and defer 100% and in a dome it's a tossup but I'd probally kick and if I need a TD I'd just go for 2 cuz I ain't kicking the ball back.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mike Williams has been officially ruled out. Make it make sense. Staley doesn't play his starters in the preseason games but will play them in a meaningless ass week 18 game.
Can't really say that's a meaningless game for them. I think they'd obviously rather play Jags than Bengals...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
We lost earlier on the day before their game even started. As a result. they were locked in at the #5 seed regardless of what they did.
Sure, but they also prepped all week to play and had to declare inactives 90 minutes before that.

Plus I'm not a huge fan of resting players. Doesn't have a history of being successful the following week. If they get injured, they get injured. Won a bunch of games this year with injuries anyway.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Sure, but they also prepped all week to play and had to declare inactives 90 minutes before that.

Plus I'm not a huge fan of resting players. Doesn't have a history of being successful the following week. If they get injured, they get injured. Won a bunch of games this year with injuries anyway.
I get that, but did they have to play the entire game? I don't think they had to. Especially Mike Williams who's had his number of injuries. Sure they won games despite injury-plagued but you're gonna your difference makers eventually.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I get that, but did they have to play the entire game? I don't think they had to. Especially Mike Williams who's had his number of injuries. Sure they won games despite injury-plagued but you're gonna your difference makers eventually.
ESPN
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams has a small, nonsurgical fracture in his back that is expected to sideline him two to three weeks, sources told ESPN's Lindsey Thiry on Friday.

Barring a Super Bowl run, Williams' season is likely over.

I'd fire him on the spot.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Beginning with Super Wildcard Weekend and a bunch of weak teams and backups involved.

Let's hope for some close ones at least...
We can only hope.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

I don't mind a week off, but for a team that has a bye week, I'd prefer to play them.

Not like our game was close, so they could easily assess that they would be locked into the 5 seed. Sure they prepped all week, but it's not like the other WRs hadn't received any touches. It's not like a QB taking all the snaps.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Do the 49ers go back to Trey Lance at this point? I'd figured perhaps they try to sign Brady but it feels like Purdy may have earned a shot to be the starter in San Fran going forward.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Imagine Lamar in this offense. Purdy probably would be playing because Lamar got hurt
I know I said I wanted someone from Philly or Dallas as our next OC but watching the 49ers offense, give me someone from San Fran. Let's run this type of offense next year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Geno Vs Purdy is so entertaining. Would love for both guys to win it all if not the Ravens

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Do the 49ers go back to Trey Lance at this point? I'd figured perhaps they try to sign Brady but it feels like Purdy may have earned a shot to be the starter in San Fran going forward.
I think they have to go forward with Purdy unless. He's the best QB they have.