• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
God damn finally took a peek at bengals Reddit, they’re literally saying Lamar would have made no difference and that Huntley is just as good and should be a starter. Quite possibly the dumbest fanbase in all of sports
look at allt he new users named "who dey" and "cintucky fan" wtf is happening to this board?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
3rd and 2 with 2:50 left in the 4th

in which case i cant really be that mad at Ty

the aim there is to get the 1st down and keep the drive alive - that's what he's doing there - sees his 1st read is there for the conversion and that's what he has to hit

maybe an elite QB like Lamar or Mahomes or Allen read the blitz and understand that Andrews is wide open and quickly move to a 2nd read and punish - but in most cases those guys probably all hit justice there too

and you know ive been critical of Ty but down and distance dictates that he get that ball out quick if it's there straight away - in this instance i cant complain about what Ty did there

now typically i would on another down/distance type play because that's leaving huge plays on the field but the defence probably also plays it different - Ty's frustrating as a 1 read QB but in this case he did the right thing (as frustrating as it is seeing Andrews streak open over the middle)

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
in which case i cant really be that mad at Ty

the aim there is to get the 1st down and keep the drive alive - that's what he's doing there - sees his 1st read is there for the conversion and that's what he has to hit

maybe an elite QB like Lamar or Mahomes or Allen read the blitz and understand that Andrews is wide open and quickly move to a 2nd read and punish - but in most cases those guys probably all hit justice there too

and you know ive been critical of Ty but down and distance dictates that he get that ball out quick if it's there straight away - in this instance i cant complain about what Ty did there

now typically i would on another down/distance type play because that's leaving huge plays on the field but the defence probably also plays it different - Ty's frustrating as a 1 read QB but in this case he did the right thing (as frustrating as it is seeing Andrews streak open over the middle)
I’m mad at him for it considering he cost us the game with his two turnovers and missed this huge play

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huntley is what dumbass casuals think Lamar is lol

Huntley is one read then takes off. We need a much better backup
Realistically, that's what pretty much every backup in the league is.

I don't know if you watched Skyler Thompson or even Brock Purdy this weekend, but they're essentially one-read QBs as well. They just have better play callers who know how to scheme open that read. Those guys aren't being asked to sit through progressions much at all.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Now the new narrative is bengals offense was playing it safe so they were fine going down 24-17 potentially with 10 minutes to go. And they were missing 3 lineman so that’s the same as Lamar. And everyone forgets about Bateman and Duvernay too