• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Defence, The Offence and The Clutching Defeat from the Jaws of Victory

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Realistically, that's what pretty much every backup in the league is.

I don't know if you watched Skyler Thompson or even Brock Purdy this weekend, but they're essentially one-read QBs as well. They just have better play callers who know how to scheme open that read. Those guys aren't being asked to sit through progressions much at all.
Naw.. brock purdy is pretty decent. Ive seen many many times where he goes through his reads. If i didnt know any better, id think brock was actually the starting qb. You can look and tell that skyler and huntley arent suppose to be on the field

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor
Naw.. brock purdy is pretty decent. Ive seen many many times where he goes through his reads. If i didnt know any better, id think brock was actually the starting qb. You can look and tell that skyler and huntley arent suppose to be on the field
He was announced to be their new starter

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man this one YouTube video is littered with bengal fan comments saying they’d have easily put up 40 if they had their 3 lineman, do they even realize two of them play the same position? Never mind we’ve played 3 games this year it’s pretty clear our defense does just fine

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Man this one YouTube video is littered with bengal fan comments saying they’d have easily put up 40 if they had their 3 lineman, do they even realize two of them play the same position? Never mind we’ve played 3 games this year it’s pretty clear our defense does just fine

which 2 of them play the same position?

they lost their LT, RG and RT...

but also that's patently false given what they did earlier in the season against a weaker version of the ravens defence

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Who gives a fuck...

JAAM

Hall of Famer
You’re about to get an earful in essay form…

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
God damn finally took a peek at bengals Reddit, they’re literally saying Lamar would have made no difference and that Huntley is just as good and should be a starter. Quite possibly the dumbest fanbase in all of sports
Not quite possibly the dumbest-THE DUMBEST!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol but that's what backup QBs are. Guys who aren't supposed to be on the field. I think fans need to have realistic expectations about what backup QBs are and what they aren't.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol but that's what backup QBs are. Guys who aren't supposed to be on the field. I think fans need to have realistic expectations about what backup QBs are and what they aren't.
Yeah, most backup qbs look like that when they play against solid defenses. There's like three in the league if that that could go out and win a playoff game.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Eli Apple at his finest

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
they probably aren't even realizing we don't have Lamar playing. They are that stupid.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah, most backup qbs look like that when they play against solid defenses. There's like three in the league if that that could go out and win a playoff game.
While there's exceptions, usually backups that excel are veterans with appreciable game experience.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m so sick of being on the wrong side of these close bengal games, usually there is always bullshit involved too