• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That's my favorite part about Marlon. So many on here will say the defense was great and blame the offense. It's not about one or the other. Marlon very clearly saw and stated they didn't quite get to where they could've been. That being said I think the future of this defense should be bright if we can make some key moves and get better at situational playcalling.

what's crazy is we know that secondary is gonna be at least fine
before we even know who our 2nd and 3rd CBs are gonna be

Marlo, Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton is a pretty wild core to have on the backend

Calais probably gonna be the biggest loss on this defence - was wrecking shop still at 36 years old and still looked like our best DL

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Team Needs:

QB, WRx2, G, RB, CBx2, DLx3, Edge

Backup QB is a must for me. WR is critical and should come from FA & Draft pick. G is an obvious need unless they really BELEE in Cleveland. RB is a need because Hill is gone and if not Edwards could be cut. CB is a need because of Peters and also because it’s a position I think you always bring people in every year. DL is a massive need. Edge is more backup and rotation since we have Bowser, Ojabo, Oweh but still need some fresh guys to come in and would love Houston back and a draft pick if we could.

DLx3 seems a bit excessive

we've got Madubuike, Pierce, Washington and Jones on the roster and we're only likely to carry 6 maximum

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
This is the first time I have checked out of following the Ravens, was apparent early that they just did not have it this year and tired of groundhog day. Offseason should be interesting to follow but if Roman comes back, probably not following them much next year either.

Reactions: A1A

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
sure but those guys are all locks and we're not carrying 7 DL

i get the importance of depth but we don't need to be 7 deep at that position - that's all im saying
Yeah Madubuike is a lock and so is Jones. I’m hoping Jones becomes a starter. I would be surprised if Washington is more than a rotational piece (not a slight). Pierce is solid but he’s had either injury or conditioning issues so I would really like to have some solid depth there because our Run D suffered at times. I also get excited imagining Roquan with a beast DL. If Campbell comes back yet again the need here lessens

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Awful to read

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230116_100115_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230116_100115_Facebook.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 110

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This is the first time I have checked out of following the Ravens, was apparent early that they just did not have it this year and tired of groundhog day. Offseason should be interesting to follow but if Roman comes back, probably not following them much next year either.
although I don't think there is a chance in hell that Roman is back, I'd understand where you are coming from, but I'd still follow them, because I don't mind knocking my head against a wall and yelling at my TV every week.

I'd really like to see you back in the Forum Mock!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
This team has had no sustained success in a little over a decade. It's been ravaged with injuries multiple times. It's been known for really sloppy and undisciplined play a bunch of the time over the past 11 years. It's developed a really bad sinking instead of rising to the occasion personality. We've had some of the worst defenses in the entire history of the franchise. Total inability to develop even a single WR. The first rounders have been fine but they aren't on the team or are always injured. We put big money into lower value positions. We're clearly awful at handling QB contract situations. We did a bad job with Flacco and are doing a bad job with Lamar.

Ever since our SB, this team has found a way to consistently underacheive. This starts all the way at the GM, through the HC, to the coordinators, and to the players.

It's time to freshen up the ideas in this place! We have a strong strong strong core and a transcendent, generational QB. Bring this thing to the promised land!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
So how does the offseason go now? When's the pow wow? If people at any level are getting fired when is that? I think this one might be bumpy

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
So how does the offseason go now? When's the pow wow? If people at any level are getting fired when is that? I think this one might be bumpy
Anyone on here know when Wink was let go after our season ended last year? How many days from our final game to when it was announced Wink was gone was it? That would be my barometer for Roman.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

last year Wink was fired on the 21st of january

it was 12 days after our final game but we were knocked out in the regular season so less of a rush

id say if we're expecting any coaching shuffles it's probably gonna be some time later this week - normally all the exit interviews happen this week and then any stuff would happen after that i guess...

my guess is friday but latest would be a week on friday i think

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
As crazy as it sounds, I think this team would tremendously benefit from a clean house of the upper coaching staff where the new HC is allowed to bring in HIS guys as OC and DC. I want to give someone we really admire and trust the Lamar Jackson project and field all interviews on how to bring him to the top!

I think sticking with John (who is great) may just be committing to what's easy instead of what's right.

Reactions: A1A

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Another bright spot, for the first time in who knows how long, we should be going into the 2023 offseason with everyone healthy!!!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
As crazy as it sounds, I think this team would tremendously benefit from a clean house of the upper coaching staff where the new HC is allowed to bring in HIS guys as OC and DC. I want to give someone we really admire and trust the Lamar Jackson project and field all interviews on how to bring him to the top!

I think sticking with John (who is great) may just be committing to what's easy instead of what's right.

i get feeling that way

but i dont think you need to get rid of Harbs to be able to makeover offensively - if we change up the OC, think there'll be a natural reshuffling of some other roles too

Simba

Staff Member
I’m by no means saying I’m expecting it to happen, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Harbaugh is not the coach of this team next season. If it does happen, I think it’s more his choice than anything though. Even if he did get “fired” I feel like the team would give him the opportunity to paint it in another direction.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
We lost 4 of our last 5. Were really like to not be 1-6 in our last 7. This team really fell apart without Lamar. FO wake the fuck up. You fucked up not signing Lamar last season. Sign him and lets get this team right.
Are you suggesting if the Ravens had signed LJ last season it would have change his outcome injury wise ?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I’m by no means saying I’m expecting it to happen, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if Harbaugh is not the coach of this team next season. If it does happen, I think it’s more his choice than anything though. Even if he did get “fired” I feel like the team would give him the opportunity to paint it in another direction.

josina anderson talked about at least a couple of the longest tenured HCs in the league being potentially on the way out (albeit not necessarily this year but just that succession plans were already being investigated by those organisations)

BB already confirmed to be staying put
all signs point to Pete Carroll staying
Tomlin's not going anywhere
Feel like if Rivera was going he'd be gone already
it's possible Sean McVay was one of the names but he has ultimately decided to stay

so Harbs, Andy Reid the only ones that really fit...

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you 100%. I think I could see Harbaugh step down due to him being tired. He looks exhausted man. I think if Harbaugh is gone it's less because he was fired and more that he is tired of the drama.