• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wait. They went from that far over the cap to that far under?!?
I think they still need to find another 9 million to be under.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The funny thing is I'm still not sure they're under the cap with those moves. This is because of the bowl push with Brady.
That is crazy.
Wait. They went from that far over the cap to that far under?!?

Lol it really is. Worst cap situation in the
League….Championships aren’t cheap. But if one team had to steal Lamar I’d be cool with the Bucs. Fire the cannons baby

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There's other reports from other places from "executives on other teams" that said the public would be "shocked" to find out the kinds of deals we've offered that Lamar has rejected. Basically saying "yeah, the Ravens offers have been legit" and that Lamar is just entrenched.
If this is true, would an agent even matter at that point?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I don't know what the offer was or what he's asking for. Wasn't he up for a deal his 3rd year? That gives them a season before the Watson deal gets done. Maybe Lamar wasn't ready. It seems like the FO waits until the last minute to get deals done. How many guys are usually signed early? Again, if he leaves he leaves. If he's re-signed, cool. My point was as a player, it seems he's done everything he's supposed to and people turning on him regardless.

Took a while cause I was looking at that Bears trade... damn
They worked over a year on Ronnie Stanley's deal and they have been signing more deals early. Humphrey was before his 5th year option as well. Ever since EDC took over we have been signing players early. It takes two to tango and Lamar didn't want to work on a deal until last offseason and I'm convinced that is truly because of him being the agent.