• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
I'll admit I kinda want to see Faalele at G but it has nothing to do with what I think is best for the team. I just want to be entertained, good or bad. Let it happen for a couple drives in preseason lol

Simba

Staff Member
If I had to pick a 53 as of right now with some assumed moves to come before training camp...

QB (2): Jackson, Huntley
RB (4): Dobbins, Edwards, Hill, Ricard (FB)
WR (6): Beckham, Bateman, Flowers, Agholor, Duvernay, Wallace
TE (3): Andrews, Likely, Kolar
OL (9): Stanley, Cleveland, Linderbaum, Zeitler, Moses, Mekari, Faalele, Aumavae-Laula, some backup C
DL (5): Madubuike, Pierce, Washington, Jones, Urban
ILB (6): Smith, Queen, Simpson, Harrison, Ross, Welch
OLB (5): Oweh, Ojabo, Bowser, Robinson, Houston
CB (6): Humphrey, Ya-Sin, Stephens, Armour-Davis, Williams, Kelly
S (4): Williams, Hamilton, Stone, Amos
ST (3): Tucker, Stout, Moore

The notable cuts in this instance:
Anthony Brown, James Proche, John Simpson, Del'Shawn Phillips, Kevon Seymour, Daryl Worley, Trayvon Mullen, Ar'Darius Washington

Still wild looking at this where the DB room is simultaneously deep but also not up to NFL standards.

I'll admit I kinda want to see Faalele at G but it has nothing to do with what I think is best for the team. I just want to be entertained, good or bad. Let it happen for a couple drives in preseason lol
I'd like to see them handoff the ball to him a few times

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
If I had to pick a 53 as of right now with some assumed moves to come before training camp...

OL (9): Stanley, Cleveland, Linderbaum, Zeitler, Moses, Mekari, Faalele, Aumavae-Laula, some backup C

Anthony Brown, James Proche, John Simpson, Del'Shawn Phillips, Kevon Seymour, Daryl Worley, Trayvon Mullen, Ar'Darius Washington

Still wild looking at this where the DB room is simultaneously deep but also not up to NFL standards.
I think we probably see no more than 3 or 4 deviations from this come cut down day provided we don't have major injuries

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

I think Trayvon Mullen is a sleeper. Highly rated coming out, former 2nd round pick. He’s more of a CB than Stephens.

Simba

Staff Member
I think Trayvon Mullen is a sleeper. Highly rated coming out, former 2nd round pick. He’s more of a CB than Stephens.
He’s an interesting one. Highly rated coming out but has not been good in the NFL so it’s hard for me to have him on right now.

With that being said, they did guarantee almost all of his minimum deal which I found interesting. So who knows. Think he’s going to need to battle regardless.

Just some thoughts looking over this…

Offense is stacked. Besides LG and a couple depth spots there is no weaknesses here.

I can see Simpson getting that last spot on the OL and Mekari filling in at C if needed.

S looks deep but that CB room is one injury away from disaster again. I would like to add MP and Ya-Sin if possible.

I know we value ST highly but I would rather leave off Welch to keep S A.Washington.

I like the potential of the DL but I feel like we’re missing a body there. Who fills Campbells snaps that we feel confident in?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Why have we so recently picked up the Raiders rejects????

Seth Roberts, DRob, Kenyan Drake, John Simpson, and Tryavon Mullen just off the top the my head in the last few years

rossihunter2

Staff Member

I think ardarius Washington may well make this team tbh

Harbs already name-checked him one time this offseason, he came on late down the stretch and won the dime snaps off pepe, stephens and others

I would think he’s got a definite chance to make this roster

And others have already mentioned John Simpson and Mullen

Think with the arrival of Trenton, it may be difficult to justify John Ross on the 53

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think ardarius Washington may well make this team tbh

Harbs already name-checked him one time this offseason, he came on late down the stretch and won the dime snaps off pepe, stephens and others

I would think he’s got a definite chance to make this roster

And others have already mentioned John Simpson and Mullen

Think with the arrival of Trenton, it may be difficult to justify John Ross on the 53
Washington deserves it too, the best back-of-the-roster db last year was a competition between Washington and worley

Michael M.

Pro Bowler
Just some thoughts looking over this…

Offense is stacked. Besides LG and a couple depth spots there is no weaknesses here.

I can see Simpson getting that last spot on the OL and Mekari filling in at C if needed.

S looks deep but that CB room is one injury away from disaster again. I would like to add MP and Ya-Sin if possible.

I know we value ST highly but I would rather leave off Welch to keep S A.Washington.

I like the potential of the DL but I feel like we’re missing a body there. Who fills Campbells snaps that we feel confident
I agree-CB room pretty shakey and I've also asked who replaces Calais? I'm assuming we resign Houston.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I'll try

WR (6): Beckham, Bateman, Flowers, Agholor, Duvernay, Demus
OL (9): Stanley, Cleveland, Linderbaum, Zeitler, Moses, Mekari, Faalele, Aumavae-Laula, Simpson
DL (6): Madubuike, Pierce, Washington, Jones, Urban, someone unknown
ILB (4): Smith, Queen, Simpson, Ross
CB (7): Humphrey, Ya-Sin, Stephens, Armour-Davis, Williams, Kelly, Mullen
S (4): Williams, Hamilton, Stone, Washington

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I agree-CB room pretty shakey and I've also asked who replaces Calais? I'm assuming we resign Houston.
Think we have a deal lined up with rock ya-sin and quite possibly with peters too, don’t think it’s a coincidence that peters hasn’t even had reports of team visits. We don’t have a replacement for Calais but we do have guys up front, whether or not those guys pan out is another story.

We’re relying pretty heavily on Oweh, ojabo, madubuike, Travis jones, and Broderick Washington, add Michael pierce and the revolving door of the last DL on the roster, and you’re looking at probably 1 veteran you wanna add on the DL, and one veteran edge like a Justin Houston.

Thezone27

Ravens Ring of Honor

I'd rather have Kelly start over Stephens ngl. Also keep Worley and cut Armour-Davis, if you ask me

Simba

Staff Member
Where’s all the Stephens hate come from? I thought he’s been solid and developing well given his background
I don’t get it either. Guy literally played S his rookie year and then was forced back to CB in year 2 and had several games where he was arguably the best player on the field on D. Inconsistent and imperfect but he’s been growing

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

Obviously way too early for this, but...
1. I think they'd like to get to 10 Olineman potentially, but no idea how. They only way I think they stick at 9 is if Mekari is basically the backup Center, and he's apparently a possible starter at LG. I would think they'd want to position themselves with Faalele as the Swing Tackle, as opposed to Mekari, for 2023.
2. 11 linebackers is insane. I can't get there. I think 5 OLBs makes sense, but 6 ILBs, especially when you have Roquan and Queen who rarely leave the field, is way too many. Granted, many play ST, but they're evidently high on Simpson as a ST also. I think it'll be 9 or 10, at most.
3. I'm not even sure 10 in the secondary is enough, but depends on who they are I guess. Hamilton can pretty much play SCB or Safety, so they may go with more Safeties and less Corners. I have a suspicion they'll add two veterans, and somebody like a JAD or Pepe may not make the roster.
4. I could also, conceivably, see them going with just 5 WRs, depending on where your makeup for ST players are. Honestly on just talent alone, I have no idea how Wallace makes this team, though I can't think of another WR who would make it over him. But all other things being equal, I'd take a Seymour, Worley or Washington over him.