• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
They are obviously taking it slow with Gus, no reason to work him hard pre season given his previous ACL, and then hamstring issue from last year, and they already know what he’s capable of. Again, people, including writers, put too much into what goes on in camp and pre season, especially given the the CBA has restricted what they can do.
I think you’ll see come September who is ahead of who, and barring injury Gus will be over Hill.

but this argument makes no sense

if they're protecting gus... he's not playing at all
he's definitely not coming in to play the 2nd half of preseason game 1...

Tank

Hall of Famer
but this argument makes no sense

if they're protecting gus... he's not playing at all
he's definitely not coming in to play the 2nd half of preseason game 1...
May not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense if you understand they are easing a vet back in.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it. let’s revisit 2 - 3 games into the season, tired of the debate. lol

Tank

Hall of Famer
but you're ignoring the fact that hill has been repping with the 1s and gus the 2s in practice too - if this was a let's see what he's got... gus wouldnt have been playing at all (let alone deep into the 3rd quarter)
hill's absolutely not on the bubble
It’s pre season. lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
May not make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense if you understand they are easing a vet back in.
Maybe I’m wrong, but I doubt it. let’s revisit 2 - 3 games into the season, tired of the debate. lol
Idk if hill on the bubble or not but i doubt he make rb2 over gus, atleast not right now.. if he does, maybe its a system thing?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
For anyone that is interested, I posted @Edgar breakdowns of Ben Cleveland, Moon and the Ravens split coverages. All good breakdowns

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m really excited for the season to start, gonna be a slow month waiting for it. FedEx playoffs are meh. Really ready for that week 2 showdown, we’re gonna destroy their overrated ass. And week 1 is free money betting Ravens