• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't think there's a guy out there in FA that they'd have to try hard to get though.

Considering most of them realize they are likely a camp body, I would suspect most of them want some reassurance that they are going to be more than that.

Simba

Staff Member
Considering most of them realize they are likely a camp body, I would suspect most of them want some reassurance that they are going to be more than that.
I mean if they wanted William Jackson, Ronald Darby, really anyone like that that's still available - they'd be here by now. They might still end up here but seems that's not the top choice right now. But guys like that have been on the workout circuit over the last couple of weeks, so they're looking for homes.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Josh Allen is on the cover of Madden 24, shouldn't the Bills be getting hit with the Madden curse and a bunch of injuries and not us?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Did you have this same criticism for the team when they drafted a S with their first pick last year?
Nope. In fact I'm pretty sure I was the one that said if Hamilton fell, we'd take him.
I also knew Chuck Clark wouldn't be a Raven this year, because he was barely a Raven last year.

But when they did take him, I knew we were going to be light on WRs. Which we were. And it wasn't the end of the world, either.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
What high quality Corner via FA though? We tried to sign Slay and he basically used us. Gilmore signed with the Cowboys early. Lamar basically told EDC who to get at WR in Odell and then he’ll sign. Same with Zay. We had our hands tied because of Lamar. I think we would’ve passed on even Gonzalez if Zay was there
Well Slay would have signed here if you offered him more.
Jamel Dean was a FA. So was Byron Murphy, Bradberry, Jonathan Jones, Cameron Sutton, among others.

If we had our hands tied with Lamar, so be it. That's on the FO, Lamar, and frankly, the fans as well. If the fans think we should have (and largely did) spend the entire offseason just appeasing Lamar, then they got what they wanted. And this is simply what that looks like.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Being short on corners yet again isn’t best for the team though. Harbaugh is not without faults, he’s capable of being wrong.

@airconteka
Yeah, no doubt. But being right or wrong wasn't my point, no one doesn't make mistakes. My point is if he did have a hand in not signing Peters(I don't think we know that) it wasn't because he was a sensitive little bitch lol , it was because he was doing what he thought was best for the whole of the team.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Nope. In fact I'm pretty sure I was the one that said if Hamilton fell, we'd take him.
I also knew Chuck Clark wouldn't be a Raven this year, because he was barely a Raven last year.

But when they did take him, I knew we were going to be light on WRs. Which we were. And it wasn't the end of the world, either.
it was pretty easy to see that Clark wouldn't be a Raven this year, once we took Hamilton.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Was this not to be expected? There is no way to plug up every issue.

Almost all of us were on board with bring in guys no matter what to change the offense. This is what it looks like. We have a lot of unproven talent on the defensive side of the ball that have to improve especially on the defensive line.

We knew MP was iffy to return, and we also knew that we had to eventually deal with how light the CB room was to appease Lamar.

We appeased Lamar. So now we have to go out there and see what these guys can do and retool CBs in the offseason

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Please tell me the starters are done practicing, I’m still traumatized from yesterday’s news. Why can’t our division rivals ever lose top players in training camp, why is it always us. And don’t conflate that as me wishing injuries, any Raven fan can empathize, but they are inevitable but it seems like certain rivals have avoided them year after year while we continuously are snake bitten.

Bengals get a brief scare with Burrow, the same very night they’re assured he’s fine and then a few days later he’s running and throwing. They haven’t had to suffer anything like we have