• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Please tell me the starters are done practicing, I’m still traumatized from yesterday’s news. Why can’t our division rivals ever lose top players in training camp, why is it always us. And don’t conflate that as me wishing injuries, any Raven fan can empathize, but they are inevitable but it seems like certain rivals have avoided them year after year while we continuously are snake bitten.

Bengals get a brief scare with Burrow, the same very night they’re assured he’s fine and then a few days later he’s running and throwing. They haven’t had to suffer anything like we have
Burrow hasn't practiced in weeks and isn't close to practicing, apparently.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
When asked if any of the starters are playing on Monday, Jeff Z replied with the following: "Harbaugh said it will be same plan as the first game. So you may get a select few, but it won't be much more."

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean he's clearly being held and interfered with in other clips
but to me in this clip that's just good coverage - zay didnt sell the post hard enough and get the DB to bite on it and in the end basically took the DB to the route - it happens...
Db held proper leverage throughout the whole route, hard to win when your route is predetermined to go where the db has predetermined himself to stay. Sure a more dramatic release has a chance to pull the db out of his leverage, but that’s not proper practice since it would fuck the timing up if it happened in game.

Literally nothing to talk about in this clip lol

Simba

Staff Member
I keep thinking he's a 4th round pick, but now knowing he's a 5th... I wonder if there's trouble ahead for Kyu Kelly. Just haven't really heard about him and seemingly hasn't factored in despite the lack of CB depth. Got in preseason game 1 late. 5th rounders and later have had very shaky standing on the roster if they aren't cutting it. Might be too early to say one way or another but something I'll be keeping an eye on.