• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
We probably have room for 11 DBs on the team. Marlon is probably gonna not go to IR? Meaning only 1 handshake deal for Pepe's spot?
Agreed there. But that doesn't include Williams, Stone, Worley, or Houston-Carson at S, the latter two of whom may not make it but at least have a shot.

So realistically you have 15 rosterable DBs. Of course as you said, Pepe is only on there for a short period, and then not all 15 are actually going to make it. Just wild how you have so many bodies but somehow you still cringe at them because the bulk are more back-end of the roster types that might need to play more meaningful snaps early.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
LAAAWWWDDD I can’t wait to see this on primetime

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Agreed there. But that doesn't include Williams, Stone, Worley, or Houston-Carson at S, the latter two of whom may not make it but at least have a shot.

So realistically you have 15 rosterable DBs. Of course as you said, Pepe is only on there for a short period, and then not all 15 are actually going to make it. Just wild how you have so many bodies but somehow you still cringe at them because the bulk are more back-end of the roster types that might need to play more meaningful snaps early.
Exactly!! I think Ardarius and Maulet are locks given the injuries to Pepe and Marlon. Outside CB and how many Safeties we keep is gonna be interesting.

Simba

Staff Member
Exactly!! I think Ardarius and Maulet are locks given the injuries to Pepe and Marlon. Outside CB and how many Safeties we keep is gonna be interesting.
I'm honestly not sure anyone outside of Marlon, RYS, Darby, Stephens, M. Williams, Hamilton, and Stone are true locks at this point. And Pepe of course but different circumstances there. But these backend dudes need to either get or stay healthy.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i can see it now.. we gonna have plays where its gonna be atleast 3 wrs open lol.. shit gonna feel and look so different from other years. Lamar gonna miss throws ofcourse but just seeing guys actually getting open is gonna be a thing of beauty for the first couple games

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
i can see it now.. we gonna have plays where its gonna be atleast 3 wrs open lol.. shit gonna feel and look so different from other years. Lamar gonna miss throws ofcourse but just seeing guys actually getting open is gonna be a thing of beauty for the first couple games
If things go the way we expect, it's gonna be like 2019 where we feel like we're ready to score on EVERY possession (not saying we will but you get the idea). Well at it's opposed to last season and even 2021 where I cringed every time we were on offense.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Let’s hope LJ doesn’t miss throws to open WRs, that would suck.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Wouldn’t be a Lamar game without missing a wide open receiver by 10 yards. Then the next play throwing a perfect dot to Andrews between 4 defenders
That'll have to change. Can't compete with the best being that inconsistent, especially in the tournament.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
It was not cool for Mark Andrews to body slam CB Danny Johnson to the ground and tear his rotator cuff. I am a huge Andrews fan but that was a cheap dirty move.
yea love Mark but that was some bullshit on his part

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

He still thinks Dobbins may not be up to full speed.
Dobbins is never going to be full speed. He tore everything. Realistic expectations are a slight improvement from last year

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Dobbins is never going to be full speed. He tore everything. Realistic expectations are a slight improvement from last year

I don't take anything as truth coming out of that ass clown.

That being said, a hobbled version of Dobbins is good for 5.7 yards a carry at his current load which is insane to me.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

That being said, a hobbled version of Dobbins is good for 5.7 yards a carry at his current load which is insane to me.
Yea I didn’t even read the article. I just know people don’t regain their former glory tearing multiple ligaments like that. He lost his ACL,LCL,MCL, and hamstring , that’s brutal.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yea I didn’t even read the article. I just know people don’t regain their former glory tearing multiple ligaments like that. He lost his ACL,LCL,MCL, and hamstring , that’s brutal.

I agree.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

He’s usually very pessimistic but he seemed to be overall positive about Lamar and the WRs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yes but he is still a young running back and has a better chance of gaining most of his form back. He didn't have full speed last year, but did damn good. I also agree with @Deebo813 statement that the running game may not be as good as last year due to that being Roman's specialty.