• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as Ardarius is OK, it was a good night. Super embarrassing that Howell plus the entire 1st team offense and then Brisett another capable NFL starter for 3 quarters could only muster a 1 point walkoff win against our JV squad.

Our team is deep.

I need to hear Harbs say Ar’Darius and Keaton are fine tonight

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Justice Hill looked really good tonight. That is two preseason games so far this season he got the start and has looked good. Maybe he is going to surprise us this season?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Justice Hill looked really good tonight. That is two preseason games so far this season he got the start and has looked good. Maybe he is going to surprise us this season?
Isn’t it crazy the Ravens drafted him back in 2019? Seems like he’s just been a bottom roster player for so long. Then a change of offense shows he is actually a good running back. I wouldn’t mind Justice taking on a lot of snaps this season he has earned it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
As long as Ardarius is OK, it was a good night. Super embarrassing that Howell plus the entire 1st team offense and then Brisett another capable NFL starter for 3 quarters could only muster a 1 point walkoff win against our JV squad.

Our team is deep.
Adarius played good tonight?

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
No sadness about the streak breaking. Really encouraging stuff from the offense. JJ and AB but particularly JJ looked good running this offense. For the most part OL gave good protection especially in the first half. Zay looks amazing. Kolar and Vokolek were great. Mitchell looks like he will be a 53 man guy next year if he takes a PS spot. And most of all, we escaped without major injuries so that's amazing.

Only negatives I can say are:

David Ojabo hasn't done a single positive thing in his 2 games so far. Only been bad in run defense.

Trenton Simpson doesn't even seem to understand how to tackle. Only had 1 positive rep he didn't finish and that was deterimental.

Kyu Kelly was truly atrocious outside of his one major stop on the 2 point conversion.

QtR Nevermore

Pro Bowler
Offensively, it was really positive. Tylan Wallace, Vokolek, Josh Johnson and Keaton Mitchell all looked good enough for a spot on the 53.

It's going to be painful cutting some of them but maybe DeCosta can add some late round picks for next year's very strong looking draft.

Isn’t it crazy the Ravens drafted him back in 2019? Seems like he’s just been a bottom roster player for so long. Then a change of offense shows he is actually a good running back. I wouldn’t mind Justice taking on a lot of snaps this season he has earned it.
I wouldn’t say he’s been a bottom roster player. It’s just that he’s part of a pretty good RB room. He’s been good at times and the Achilles injury was a setback. Hopefully he’s good to go this year and Monken finds ways to use him more.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Franchise tag his ass until we figure it out lol
Then you have a 50/50 that he just elects to not show up for the first half of the season. The RB room right now is solid. Dobbins is not a great 1, but with Hill and Edwards you have a great overall RB room. No need to go big to try and upgrade a position of strength. If he were a pass rusher or a corner then sure but those are positions where you could use another good starter.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Justice Hill last year had 49 attempts for 262 yards. He has been getting better every year and I think people just did not notice it because of his awful rookie year and then missing a season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Offensively, it was really positive. Tylan Wallace, Vokolek, Josh Johnson and Keaton Mitchell all looked good enough for a spot on the 53.

It's going to be painful cutting some of them but maybe DeCosta can add some late round picks for next year's very strong looking draft.
justice hill looked very good as well