• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2023 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Has nothing to do with being a Ravens fan. Also has nothing to do with his current play post injury. I've like 4 different times this year commented on just how bad he is.

Also it's funny to call him "talented". It's like he's the exact opposite of talented. The best qualities about Hurts are his character, leadership, and honestly extremely hard working nature. Dude has to work so hard to even belong in this league. He's legitimately the opposite of someone like Patrick Mahomes (who is extremely talented).
Lol I mean he’s done nothing but win and improve at every stop from college to NFL. The exact opposite of talented doesn’t do that and guide his team to a SB. I’m definitely pulling for him to get another ring in a couple weeks.

And yes it has a lot to do with being a Ravens fan. That’s why you hear the same shit week after week about this guys weapons Vs that guys weapons Vs Lamar. Lol just enjoy the show bro, your mad at the front office , not hurts

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
i think that's going too far in the other direction

i agree with you that he's not even in the same stratosphere as the elite guys (lamar included) but he's no scrub either - he's got amazing weapons, coaching, defence, OL etc. really the perfect possible set-up so the level of difficulty is so low... but ultimately part of the job of a good QB is distributing the ball

that being said - there are things he does not do at a high level - and i also think he's not actually playing better than he did in 2021 which was not a super high level

to me he fits into that good-not-great kind of tier of QB and with the supporting cast around him, that may well be good enough
I think this is fair. He's a bottom 3rd starting NFL QB for me. He's definitely been put in a very good spot this year and that should be a great blueprint for the Ravens with Lamar.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Lol I mean he’s done nothing but win and improve at every stop from college to NFL. The exact opposite of talented doesn’t do that and guide his team to a SB. I’m definitely pulling for him to get another ring in a couple weeks.

And yes it has a lot to do with being a Ravens fan. That’s why you hear the same shit week after week about this guys weapons Vs that guys weapons Vs Lamar. Lol just enjoy the show bro, your mad at the front office , not hurts
I'm not one of those people. Just a few days ago I was talking about how Burrow (has just as much surrounding talent as hurts) is way better than Lamar and how Josh Allen is not. There are a lot of media darlings that are imo really lazy takes.

Jalen Hurts is just simply not a good QB. Also doesn't mean I'm not pulling for the Eagles (I am. Fuck the Bengals and Chiefs). Idk why we can't reasonably accept that the Eagles have done a great job with roster construction allowing them to make up for Hurts' severe deficiencies.

redrum52

Hall of Famer

You and Rossi with the mature responses...

Fuck Hurts

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
You and Rossi with the mature responses...

Fuck Hurts
Lol but why? I hate Philly but im pulling for hurts. Mainly because i can’t handle the Bengals wining the Super Bowl(chiefs will blow this game)

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk if Kellen brings more to the table than other candidates but in guess the Ravens talk to him

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I hate the Bengals like everyone else but this one fan in particular... I just want him to feel that loss
I respect the pettiness

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i think that's going too far in the other direction

i agree with you that he's not even in the same stratosphere as the elite guys (lamar included) but he's no scrub either - he's got amazing weapons, coaching, defence, OL etc. really the perfect possible set-up so the level of difficulty is so low... but ultimately part of the job of a good QB is distributing the ball

that being said - there are things he does not do at a high level - and i also think he's not actually playing better than he did in 2021 which was not a super high level

to me he fits into that good-not-great kind of tier of QB and with the supporting cast around him, that may well be good enough
Nah. It took literally "super team" kind of offense around Hurts to get him to level he's on now. He is too slow to process what's going on. A little worse O line or a little worse WRs - they never make it all the way.

Pretty similar to his situation at Bama. It took Tua to win that championship.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bengals line holding on for dear life. Feels like a lot of holds are not being called

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor