• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2023 Forum Mock: Discussion Thread

Simba

Staff Member
And I think we can officially call it for all of my teams. If I add anyone else, it's likely to be an addition since I didn't sign the full 3 in my last two groupings.

Now to see what gems I was able to find!

Simba

Staff Member
Now that the process is essentially over, it was a good year (or maybe bad depending on how you look at it) for my draft board. Only guys that I wanted but didn't get were Tyler Scott, Tucker Kraft, and to a lesser extent, Cory Trice. Not sure if that says I missed on value or not, but curious to see where those guys go in real life. Noting I definitely was trying to trade up for Scott and Kraft.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Now that the process is essentially over, it was a good year (or maybe bad depending on how you look at it) for my draft board. Only guys that I wanted but didn't get were Tyler Scott, Tucker Kraft, and to a lesser extent, Cory Trice. Not sure if that says I missed on value or not, but curious to see where those guys go in real life. Noting I definitely was trying to trade up for Scott and Kraft.

I was hoping that Scott would fall a little further as well. Was debating on him and Siaki and could very well have made an incorrect gamble. Kraft I thought was already gone, so I feel your pain. I think you did with Trice what I did with C.J. Johnson. I had the chance to draft him but just kept putting it off because I thought nobody was aware of him.

I gotta say, the one guy I am devastated to not have gotten is Tre´Vius Hodges-Tomlinson. He is my absolute #1 draft crush this year!

As for my Patriots draft:
And I am pretty sure i "overdrafted" Brian Branch at 14, but I gotta say, he is one of like 3 blue-chip defensive prospects for me and I can see him excel right away in multiple roles and absolutely love the way he play the game.

I feel like Jahmyr Gibbs gets kinda overlooked with all the hype around Bijan Robinson. Gibbs is such an explosive and versatile player that can score any time he gets the ball and he is such a great receiving back, which is something the Patriots Offense is gonna need under Billy O´Brien.

After that, Foskey is raw but full of potential and fills a Patriots need that often gets overlooked.
A.T. Perry could develop into a very solid WR with quite a bit of upside. Terell Smith bolsters my DB group and gives it some depth, Charlie Jones just scream Patriots Slot WR and Cameron Young could be a steal in round 6.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
If it helps, I don't think 14 is remotely high for Branch. He feels like one of the safest prospects in this class. Gibbs reminds me a good bit of Alvin Kamara. And Smith has been rising up boards.

If it helps, I don't think 14 is remotely high for Branch. He feels like one of the safest prospects in this class. Gibbs reminds me a good bit of Alvin Kamara. And Smith has been rising up boards
Oh i am 1000% happy with Branch at 14, just think he will get drafted later IRL.

Kamara is a good comparison! And if he turns out to be that good (or better) then I will die a happy man xD

Yes, Smith seems to getting more and more love and hype lately, will be interesting to see!

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Oh i am 1000% happy with Branch at 14, just think he will get drafted later IRL.

Kamara is a good comparison! And if he turns out to be that good (or better) then I will die a happy man xD

Yes, Smith seems to getting more and more love and hype lately, will be interesting to see!

That's fair. He could drop into the 20s. I would be shocked if he's not drafted in Day 1. I think it'd hard to be better than Kamara in his prime. But I would not be surprised if Gibbs makes a similar impact in the two facets. He legit looks like an actual receiver in the passing game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
One day in the middle of December, during a halftime of the 4:00 game, I'm going to notice that @Truth has come on and signed an UDFA out of Huts a Pluts University.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
What if I told you Hailassie was signed in round 1 of UDFA?

I, uh, did that to make you feel better. But no, good catch. I've just got my first PC build up and I am struggling with this new keyboard. Damn. I guess I can't have all the funny names. At least I still get to keep Bumper Pool.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
@Truth is that dude you work with that stays until 10pm every night and then your boss asks why you aren’t as committed

lol Only because I get paid in draft picks. Otherwise, I'd be handing in my two weeks.

Also, I was watching tape on someone else and purely by osmosis saw Ryan make one catch, and was like, I'm in.

Simba

Staff Member
Left side where I picked them in the FM, right side where they went in real life

Bengals:

Big "misses" were Sean Tucker (5th) and Tyrus Wheat (7th) who went undrafted. 5 UDFAs got drafted - two in the 6th and three in the 7th

Broderick Jones11
DJ Turner32
Jonathan Mingo32
Brenton Strange42
Zacch Pickens43
Dorian Williams43
Sean Tucker5U
Cameron Mitchell75
Tyrus Wheat7U
Malaesala Aumavae-LauluU6
Jarrick Bernard-ConverseU6
Anthony JohnsonU7
Gervarrius OwensU7
Grant DuBoseU7

Jaguars:

Big miss was Clark Phillips, who I knew would go later at the time I picked him, but I did not want to miss out on him. 6 of my UDFAs got drafted, including two in the 4th, one in the 5th, and three in the 7th

Dalton Kincaid11
Clark Phillips24
Gervon Dexter32
Chandler Zavala44
YaYa Diaby43
Andrei Iosivas66
Jake Witt77
Chad RylandU4
Aidan O'ConnellU4
Justin ShorterU5
Isaiah BoldenU7
Alex AustinU7
Jalen GrahamU7

Saints:

One of my 6ths, Joey Fisher, went undrafted. Otherwise, Drew Sanders who I picked in the 2nd went in the 3rd. 4 of my UDFAs got drafted, including one in the 6th and three in the 7th

Mazi Smith21
Drew Sanders23
Luke Schoonmaker32
Jayden Reed42
Kei'Trel Clark56
Dylan Horton64
Joey Fisher6U
Ameer SpeedU6
Colton DowellU7
Carrington ValentineU7
Nic JonesU7

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Detroit Lions -- only picks that went undrafted were Jalen Redmond and Brandon Joseph who I picked in the late 6th and early 7th round. One of my UDFAs, Jordan Howden, was drafted in the 5th.

PlayerForum MockActual Draft
Bryce Young1.11.1
Zay Flowers1.181.22
Cam Smith1.242.20
Zach Harrison3.363.12
Byron Young, AL4.263.07
Davis Allen5.185.40
Jalen Redmond6.27UDFA
Brandon Joseph7.03UDFA
Mekhi Blackmon7.143.39
Jerrod Clark7.25UDFA
Jovaughn GwynUDFA7.08
Ali GayeUDFAUDFA
Griffin HerbertUDFAUDFA
MJ AndersonUDFAUDFA
Jordan HowdenUDFA5.11
Adam KorsakUDFAUDFA

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Los Angeles Rams -- picked Olusegun a 1 1/2 rounds early, but that was my only big miss. Steven Gilmore (late 5th) and Mekhi Garner (early 6th) went undrafted as well.

PlayerForum Mock Draft SlotActual
Anton Harrison2.51.27
Sam La Porta2.212.3
Olusegun Oluwatimi3.265.19
Tank Bigsby4.143.25
Wanya Morris4.313.29
Tanner McKee5.036.11
Kobie Turner5.143.26
Kyu Blu Kelly5.375.22
Trey Palmer5.406.14
Steven Gilmore5.43UDFA
Mekhi Garner6.05UDFA