• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The AJ Green, the Joe Flacco, and the Defense- Week 2 Edition

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
well, whatever the case. Theres a decent chance CJ will be out for around 3 games, so they;re going to have to do what GOOD TEAMS do and win without an important player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
well, whatever the case. Theres a decent chance CJ will be out for around 3 games, so they;re going to have to do what GOOD TEAMS do and win without an important player.
lets hope that is all he is out. Yes we will, two of them actually . Mosley and Jimmy

Tank

Hall of Famer
I really don't see any need in critiquing any single member of the defense in that tragic 1st quarter and change in the Bengals game, because the entire defense played like garbage when Mosely went out. Of course, the only reason we are having this conversation about a specific player is that RayRaven will not miss any opportunity to trash anyone he's predicted will not perform to expectation and others mistakenly decide to respond to his "I told you so" posts.

What alarms me as a team is how dependent we are on key members of the team. Sure, every team is going to take a hit when a key player goes down, but you simply have to pull it together to an extent and not let things spin out of control.

Hopefully this injury will no kill us long term, as it did seem we got over it after the initial shock and after Weddle started organizing the defense. But it is like we don't plan for what we do if a specific player goes out. Which is why we always find ourselves making injury excuses. It was that defensive lapse (and of course a bone headed Flacco throw) that created a hole too big to crawl out of. So, IMO, it was not the injury, but our inability to cope with the injury that cost us a critical game.

Yeah, it really wasn’t looking good prior to CJ going down and Flacco’s error contributed to only 7 of those 28 first half points. The injury surely didn’t help, but the pass rush was non existent in the first half, Dalton was unhurried and untouched. The Ravens got outplayed at the LOS on both sides of the ball, plain and simple.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
another thing. It's clear that ronnie stanley is far from 100%..and im not even talking about the arm injury he seemed to sustain. His knee hasn't recovered from that ''minor sprain''. If we didn't have such lousy options aside from Brown at tackle i'd be tempted to sit him out until he has fully recovered.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
another thing. It's clear that ronnie stanley is far from 100%..and im not even talking about the arm injury he seemed to sustain. His knee hasn't recovered from that ''minor sprain''. If we didn't have such lousy options aside from Brown at tackle i'd be tempted to sit him out until he has fully recovered.

Not sure about that, but we are gonna beat Denver at Home. They've had a couple narrow escapes and are gonna come in without urgency. We'll beat them healthy Stanley or not. Guaranteed.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly we need to let Stanley sit if it’s as bad as it looks. It’s actually pretty obvious he was favoring one knee and is still injured, and he played horribly because of that. This is like Jimmy last year. We should sit him for a few games to let them heal but instead we keep playing him and makes things worse and we lose them for the season.

It would be rough but I’d rather put up with Hurst at LT (he wouldn’t even be much worse than injured Stanley is playing) for 2-3 games than potentially losing Stanley for the whole season by not letting him heal.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Honestly we need to let Stanley sit if it’s as bad as it looks. It’s actually pretty obvious he was favoring one knee and is still injured, and he played horribly because of that. This is like Jimmy last year. We should sit him for a few games to let them heal but instead we keep playing him and makes things worse and we lose them for the season.

It would be rough but I’d rather put up with Hurst at LT (he wouldn’t even be much worse than injured Stanley is playing) for 2-3 games than potentially losing Stanley for the whole season by not letting him heal.

this FO will learn...i hope. I was saying last year ( if you all remember) that jimmy was a ticking time bomb.
Stanley could be too.

Canaday is now on IR. Things are getting bad..health? same old same old. I expect more injuries this sunday :/

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
this FO will learn...i hope. I was saying last year ( if you all remember) that jimmy was a ticking time bomb.
Stanley could be too.

Canaday is now on IR. Things are getting bad..health? same old same old. I expect more injuries this sunday :/
Well on the bright side we got away with a very healthy offseason, but injuries were bound to catch up with us.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Protection relies too heavily at times on Boyle in difficult one on one situations protecting the edge and on an island.
I don't understand pundit's labelling this performance by the Oline as anything less than horrid. It really goes for all five to varying degrees of horrid.
Flacco focuses robotically on play call and first reads. Some of this has to do with protection and fearing for his life but he also seems to have limited understanding of coverages immediately after snap and there needs to be a concerted and consistent effort and dialogue between Flacco and his receivers regarding coverage and options.

Middle of the field was consistently open...linebackers almost always bite on play action and nearly always follow motions...Ravens did not exploit middle of the field.

John Brown is very good. So is Alex Collins.

Man, geno Atkins is unbelievable

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Protection relies too heavily at times on Boyle in difficult one on one situations protecting the edge and on an island.
I don't understand pundit's labelling this performance by the Oline as anything less than horrid. It really goes for all five to varying degrees of horrid.
Flacco focuses robotically on play call and first reads. Some of this has to do with protection and fearing for his life but he also seems to have limited understanding of coverages immediately after snap and there needs to be a concerted and consistent effort and dialogue between Flacco and his receivers regarding coverage and options.

Middle of the field was consistently open...linebackers almost always bite on play action and nearly always follow motions...Ravens did not exploit middle of the field.

John Brown is very good. So is Alex Collins.

Man, geno Atkins is unbelievable
Geno Atkins was the MVP of the game. He literally destroyed our chances of winning this game.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Well on the bright side we got away with a very healthy offseason, but injuries were bound to catch up with us.

True but it seems like every team is dealing with injuries. Eagles, Patriots, Falcons, and more are having the similar if not worst issues.