• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The AJ Green, the Joe Flacco, and the Defense- Week 2 Edition

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
several sources reported on the typical timeframe for a bone bruise. none came from BR

here is one of them

https://www.google.com/amp/www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-mosley-20180913-story,amp.html

now that i posted my source, why don't you post your source of 2 to 4 mos.
I'll help my boy:

Most bone bruises slowly heal over 2 to 4 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your health care provider may give you an MRI.
Treatment for Bone Bruise (Bone Contusion) | Saint Luke's Health ...

https://www.saintlukeskc.org/health-library/treatment-bone-bruise-bone-contusion

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'll help my boy:

Most bone bruises slowly heal over 2 to 4 months. A larger bone bruise may take longer to heal. You may not be able to return to sports activities for weeks or months. If your symptoms don't go away, your health care provider may give you an MRI.
Treatment for Bone Bruise (Bone Contusion) | Saint Luke's Health ...

https://www.saintlukeskc.org/health-library/treatment-bone-bruise-bone-contusion
Except this estimated time table was already reported. Every injury is different, which is why even the medical literature says most. 3-6 weeks is the time table.

People, stop trying to be doctors and speculate. Let the doctors do their jobs and wait it out. People's bitching isn't going to do anything

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Except this estimated time table was already reported. Every injury is different, which is why even the medical literature says most. 3-6 weeks is the time table.

People, stop trying to be doctors and speculate. Let the doctors do their jobs and wait it out. People's bitching isn't going to do anything
If you are referring to Preston's article, that wasn't a report but speculation based on previous similar injuries.
If you are referring to real report, provide the source please - I haven't seen one.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
If you are referring to Preston's article, that wasn't a report but speculation based on previous similar injuries.
If you are referring to real report, provide the source please - I haven't seen one.
The Sun likely has a direct in with the organization. Though I'd agree we need to wait for an official statement. Their "speculation" likely comes from a team source after we interviewed and talked to people. Which I would trust because the organization does employ ACTUAL DOCTORS. No one here is a doctor as far as I know.

This isn't the first time people have been wrong after posting information from the internet about medicine. I have friends that are actually doctors, it's a pet peeve of mine in general. Everyone is different and everyone heals differently.

It sucks, but we're going to have to sit and wait. If the 2-4 months thing were accurate, why haven't we put him on IR yet and brought someone else in? We would have done so by now. Bowman is on the market.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Hell, even in the medical literature you provide it states you may not be able to play for weeks OR months. Meaning he may still have the bruise even if the doctors clear him. Wouldn't surprise me, people play through injuries all the time.

In this instance, no news is good news, but we need to see this out and wait.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The Sun likely has a direct in with the organization. Though I'd agree we need to wait for an official statement. Their "speculation" likely comes from a team source after we interviewed and talked to people. Which I would trust because the organization does employ ACTUAL DOCTORS. No one here is a doctor as far as I know.

This isn't the first time people have been wrong after posting information from the internet about medicine. I have friends that are actually doctors, it's a pet peeve of mine in general. Everyone is different and everyone heals differently.

It sucks, but we're going to have to sit and wait. If the 2-4 months thing were accurate, why haven't we put him on IR yet and brought someone else in? We would have done so by now. Bowman is on the market.
No, it doesn't - if they got it from team's source, they would have said so. So what you are saying is a speculation, too.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
The thing is, we truly have no idea what the timeline is because we truly don't know what the damage looks like structurally.

I might write an article on this.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
No, it doesn't - if they got it from team's source, they would have said so. So what you are saying is a speculation, too.
Not necessarily. Even if we don't have an official word yet, they still likely spoke to the organization. If something bad were to come out, it would've done so already.

But it doesn't change the fact that us relying on solely literature just to get a rise out of people. If the situation was actually that terrible, Mosley would've been already place on IR and Bowman would've already been signed.
The thing is, we truly have no idea what the timeline is because we truly don't know what the damage looks like structurally.

I might write an article on this.
We as fans don't, no. The team likely does. And at this point, we haven't signed any other ILBs, or added CJ to injured reserve yet. Not sure if we are just getting multiple opinions yet. 8 week injury, we are better off putting him on IR.

We just have to let it play out and hope no news is good news

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
It's like saying a fracture has X timeline for healing. Well, that really depends- is it a greenstick, comminuted, fissured, transverse, oblique, spiral, simple, or compound?

RayRayRaven

Veteran
The Bengals as a whole do have enough talent top end to take a game from a team that is overall more talented. And to all the detractors, we are more talented than the Bengals.

Thanks Lost!!!...….when I'm feeling blue about the Raven's prospects, invariably someone here always says something that makes me laugh so hard, I am amused through the pain. Levity is a great tonic.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Not necessarily. Even if we don't have an official word yet, they still likely spoke to the organization. If something bad were to come out, it would've done so already.

But it doesn't change the fact that us relying on solely literature just to get a rise out of people. If the situation was actually that terrible, Mosley would've been already place on IR and Bowman would've already been signed.

We as fans don't, no. The team likely does. And at this point, we haven't signed any other ILBs, or added CJ to injured reserve yet. Not sure if we are just getting multiple opinions yet. 8 week injury, we are better off putting him on IR.

We just have to let it play out and hope no news is good news
Nobody said it will take 2-4 months for Mosley to recover. If you go back, you'll see @Sami84 actually asking is there anything official and pointed out few general sources that state usual recovery times.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Nobody said it will take 2-4 months for Mosley to recover. If you go back, you'll see @Sami84 actually asking is there anything official and pointed out few general sources that state usual recovery times.
And he clearly did that to get a rise out of people. It's what he does. Either wait for an official statement, or shut up and let it play out. We all want him to be okay, but honestly, no news is good news at this point.

RayRayRaven

Veteran
I watched the play you're referring to again and your take is pretty garbage, to be honest.

Humphrey did turn around to play the ball; he just never really had position because Green shielded the ball so well with his body.

The issue wasn't a matter of ball skills; it was a matter of Green being one of the cleanest route runners in the NFL. It started immediately off the snap when he took a hard jab step to the inside and had Humphrey commit to the inside route. This has Humphrey turned the wrong way, but Humphrey almost immediately recovers. Then, Green absolutely sells the corner route and takes an immediate break to the outside and comes back to the ball in one of the most fluid motions you will see from a receiver.

Nothing about what Green did sold his intentions. He was insane on that route.

Bird, so Humpf looked so bad on that play because Green was "So Insanely good"?

I'll rest on my Evalution of that play. Green's feint was meaningless to the play. The meat of the play was thereafter. When Humpf made the early decision to "arm" Green, he should have immediately looked for the ball. He didn't though. Why? (The arm bar went on for the entire vertical run of the play with brief lost contact at the comeback) He needed to look but was afraid to. Instead he grabbed on. If he looks he adjusts without panic and worst case that ball is not a TD. They also could have called PI on that play and probably should have. We got a ton of penalty breaks that game. The last insult was the bad footwork stranding him behind the defender. Like I said, if he's a corner he looks at the moment he recovers from the feint. His footwork is god awful, he is so fixated on not getting beat and then he gets beat like the corner dog he is.

Did you take a "Pitch Count" on Humpf. Know what I'm saying? How many pitches did the Raven's ask him to toss? Why?

If you wanna think Humpf is natural CB go right ahead. But the truth is every game he's the disaster about to happen. We need new blood. Guess you think we have better personnel than the Bengals and that Humpf is one of them.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Bird, so Humpf looked so bad on that play because Green was "So Insanely good"?

I'll rest on my Evalution of that play. Green's feint was meaningless to the play. The meat of the play was thereafter. When Humpf made the early decision to "arm" Green, he should have immediately looked for the ball. He didn't though. Why? (The arm bar went on for the entire vertical run of the play with brief lost contact at the comeback) He needed to look but was afraid to. Instead he grabbed on. If he looks he adjusts without panic and worst case that ball is not a TD. They also could have called PI on that play and probably should have. We got a ton of penalty breaks that game. The last insult was the bad footwork stranding him behind the defender. Like I said, if he's a corner he looks at the moment he recovers from the feint. His footwork is god awful, he is so fixated on not getting beat and then he gets beat like the corner dog he is.

Did you take a "Pitch Count" on Humpf. Know what I'm saying? How many pitches did the Raven's ask him to toss? Why?

If you wanna think Humpf is natural CB go right ahead. But the truth is every game he's the disaster about to happen. We need new blood. Guess you think we have better personnel than the Bengals and that Humpf is one of them.
Antonio Brown, Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, etc. all made corners look silly because they were that good.

You can rest on your evaluation, but it's a bed built poorly and without sound support. I hope you don't have back issues trying to sleep on it.

No, it was hardly meaningless since he instantly gained a free release to the sideline. Humphrey would have loved to have been able to stretch that play further, but Green has a free release. Not irrelevant at all.

Why would he be afraid to look?

No, he never grabbed on. No, they could not call a PI at any point on that play.

No, it's actually good footwork that had him even in that play. The recovery from Humphrey on that play was extremely clean. No, him being behind Green didn't have to do with footwork; it was incredibly excellent route running from Green. He sold the corner amazingly.

No, he does not look the moment that he recovers. He needs to read his man.

Every corner got beat on Thursday night. That was nothing exclusive to Humphrey.

No idea what you're talking about. No one generally knows.

I do think Humphrey is better than Dre Kirkpatrick, yes. Yes, he is a natural corner. He showcased his skills extremely well in year one and last week. I'd hardly judge him solely off of last week when the entire defense decided to take the night off.