• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Cleveland

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I loved how they kept showing him after everyone knew the Browns had basically lost.

Last edited:

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I never believed in Hue as a head coach....ever!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The losses aren't even Hue's fault. He will probably get blame, but come on. He had an 0-16 team competing with 2 heavy favorites who made playoffs last year. Had it not been for their retarded kicker they're 2-0 AGAINST THE STEELERS AND SAINTS.

I personally don't think he's a bad coach.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The losses aren't even Hue's fault. He will probably get blame, but come on. He had an 0-16 team competing with 2 heavy favorites who made playoffs last year. Had it not been for their retarded kicker they're 2-0 AGAINST THE STEELERS AND SAINTS.

Neither the Steelers nor the saints have looked very good so far, on defense at least. The Steelers had 5 turnovers and they still couldn’t win the game. The Browns offense has been horrible. Tbh if baker had been playing they might be 2-0 anyway. I love Tyrod but he hasn’t looked very good...

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor

When a HC goes 1-15, 0-16, and then starts the season 0-2, it has to be partly his fault. Even past Browns' coaches have done better than that.

Also, he got hired because he was considered a great offensive mind, and yet despite a ton of turnovers in their favor that offense isn't doing anything.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
When a HC goes 1-15, 0-16, and then starts the season 0-2, it has to be partly his fault. Even past Browns' coaches have done better than that.

Also, he got hired because he was considered a great offensive mind, and yet despite a ton of turnovers in their favor that offense isn't doing anything.

They've only lost 1 game. They are 0-1-1.

The offense hasn't looked good, but as a team, outside of the kicker, they've done enough to win both games.

@allblackraven They are going to give us problems defensively.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
They've only lost 1 game. They are 0-1-1.

The offense hasn't looked good, but as a team, outside of the kicker, they've done enough to win both games.

@allblackraven They are going to give us problems defensively.
Yep. We never have easy game against them, even when they were at their worst. But 6 turnovers vs Steelers and holding Brees in NO to 21 points, all with Armstead handling Garrett all day, is pretty telling.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

the level of talent coming into the browns on a yearly basis should absolutely make them a middling (or even bad) team but it's incredibly difficult to not accidentally win a couple of games at least

when your team goes 1-31 and looks the way those browns did you have to say there's probably a culture problem and a coaching problem

redrum52

Hall of Famer
the level of talent coming into the browns on a yearly basis should absolutely make them a middling (or even bad) team but it's incredibly difficult to not accidentally win a couple of games at least

when your team goes 1-31 and looks the way those browns did you have to say there's probably a culture problem and a coaching problem

Completely agree. That said, I honestly don't think they were really trying to win games until the end of the season when the #1 pick was locked up. I think they were trying to see who was worth keeping and developing. Who knows, though. It's going to be hard getting the funk off that franchise and think even if improvements were shown, they'd still get rid of Hue anyway. Titans just fired their coach after he won a playoff game.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Completely agree. That said, I honestly don't think they were really trying to win games until the end of the season when the #1 pick was locked up. I think they were trying to see who was worth keeping and developing. Who knows, though. It's going to be hard getting the funk off that franchise and think even if improvements were shown, they'd still get rid of Hue anyway. Titans just fired their coach after he won a playoff game.

They fired him for reasons that were perfectly fair and had nothing to do with their record

And no way that team tanked on purpose

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I'm calling it here and now. The Browns are never going to go anywhere until they get a new owner. If they miss the playoffs this year, expect a new overhaul.. Again.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I think Hue Jackson is a bad coach but my god that culture is cancer. It's been the same news with the Browns for god knows how long. I think them drafting Baker was literally a case of "a blind squirrel finds a nut too". And even though Baker was a pretty safe prospect as far as QBs go, knowing how cancerous this organization is, it would not surprised me in the slightest if they took Baker and fucked it up somehow. They're the Browns, it's what they do. It's been the same narrative since like 2010. "The Browns are a talented team with a solid defense, and they're about to take the next step." And then the Haslams blow the team up again after getting impatient. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Baker Mayfield looked 2010 Joe Flacco in two years, a solid QB, and Haslam ships him off somewhere else due to sheer impatience. There's been a plethora of Browns players around the league that have gone on the be successful elsewhere. Alex Mack, Taylor Gabriel, Travis Benjamin, Willie Snead, Dion Lewis(who didn't really play for the team much but whatever), Mitchell Schwartz, Phil Dawson, Benjamin Watson.

They've always had talented, but they always, ALWAYS fuck it up somehow

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I'm calling it here and now. The Browns are never going to go anywhere until they get a new owner. If they miss the playoffs this year, expect a new overhaul.. Again.
This is why I'm not believing in a Browns resurgence until I see it actually panning out. I feel like they're often "on the right trajectory" but something always happens on the way to heaven.