• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Cleveland

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Can I borrow some of that straw you are using for that strawman argument
Haha, I haven't actually presented any arguments - I just repeated yours. Thanks for pointing out that someone here is using a straw man argument.
Which isn't strange, really. That's about the only thing left to try and defend Joe.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Haha, I haven't actually presented any arguments - I just repeated yours. Thanks for pointing out that someone here is using a straw man argument.
Which isn't strange, really. That's about the only thing left to try and defend Joe.

No you didnt and I believe you THINK you did but when you say "He is perfect and everyone else is messing up" that was not my argument. That was you pretending that was my argument so you could sarcastically shoot it down. So to review you invented a position so that you could dismiss that position instead of the actual one or as they call it a strawman.

There are a couple QBs in the NFL who are fine under pressure, Flacco is not one of them. Also the Jags do not have some elite OLine protecting Bortles, its just that the Giants and Patriots are not great at generating pressure especially after the injury that the Pats had early, couple that with the fact that the Pats LBs could not defend the crossing route and it was the easiest game of Bortles life. Bortles had a couple good throws but that is not the game that makes me go "He has found himself, and this is the new and improved Bortles".

As for Flacco he was clearly forcing some balls which I guess when down a lot you have to but throwing into triple coverage is not a good thing to do...on the other hand throwing into triple coverage is what kickstarted the offense in the first place. If I were to isolate Flacco's 2 largest weaknesses they are that if you put a helmet on him you can rattle him pretty well and the one that does not get talked about if things are not going well he is going to try and force throws you should not force in order to try and fix it. Sometimes it works like the deep ball to Brown, but a lot of the times its just a bad throw and will burn you. His greatest strength is once he gets those completions going he will rattle off 13-15.

Final note on the pass rush bit, but with all that we talked about fixed Ravens offense the one thing that I do not remember discussing wast he fact that the teams that the Ravens beat did not have great pass rushers. I know they were discussed as bad football teams but that is an oversimplification. The teams the Ravens offense feasted on had bad pass rush which allowed Flacco time to make something happen and I know all QBs are better with a great OLine but some QBs need an OLine more than receivers and some need receivers more than an OLine (though you would be talking out of your ass to pretend the Ravens have put even competent skill position players on the field for most of the past 5 years).

redrum52

Hall of Famer
No you didnt and I believe you THINK you did but when you say "He is perfect and everyone else is messing up" that was not my argument. That was you pretending that was my argument so you could sarcastically shoot it down. So to review you invented a position so that you could dismiss that position instead of the actual one or as they call it a strawman.

There are a couple QBs in the NFL who are fine under pressure, Flacco is not one of them. Also the Jags do not have some elite OLine protecting Bortles, its just that the Giants and Patriots are not great at generating pressure especially after the injury that the Pats had early, couple that with the fact that the Pats LBs could not defend the crossing route and it was the easiest game of Bortles life. Bortles had a couple good throws but that is not the game that makes me go "He has found himself, and this is the new and improved Bortles".

As for Flacco he was clearly forcing some balls which I guess when down a lot you have to but throwing into triple coverage is not a good thing to do...on the other hand throwing into triple coverage is what kickstarted the offense in the first place. If I were to isolate Flacco's 2 largest weaknesses they are that if you put a helmet on him you can rattle him pretty well and the one that does not get talked about if things are not going well he is going to try and force throws you should not force in order to try and fix it. Sometimes it works like the deep ball to Brown, but a lot of the times its just a bad throw and will burn you. His greatest strength is once he gets those completions going he will rattle off 13-15.

Final note on the pass rush bit, but with all that we talked about fixed Ravens offense the one thing that I do not remember discussing wast he fact that the teams that the Ravens beat did not have great pass rushers. I know they were discussed as bad football teams but that is an oversimplification. The teams the Ravens offense feasted on had bad pass rush which allowed Flacco time to make something happen and I know all QBs are better with a great OLine but some QBs need an OLine more than receivers and some need receivers more than an OLine (though you would be talking out of your ass to pretend the Ravens have put even competent skill position players on the field for most of the past 5 years).

Now, you said Flacco outplayed Brady every time in post season. Did you account for defense then?

@DeVito52 sure...