• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Denver Broncos @Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You misunderstood the context in which I call tgis a disaster. If Lamar is ready to go by the end of Flaccos contract all good no worries, but if Flacco is still far and away the better QB then the team would need to extend Flacco and that is a disaster because any hope of a discount left with the 32 pick.

you have a weird definition of the word disaster

"oh no my qb is playing so well that i have to pay him again boo hoo"

the only disaster comes if flacco falls off a cliff again and lamar isnt ready to go by the time flacco leaves

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
you have a weird definition of the word disaster

"oh no my qb is playing so well that i have to pay him again boo hoo"

the only disaster comes if flacco falls off a cliff again and lamar isnt ready to go by the time flacco leaves

I mean it means essentially 2 wasted second round picks and likely an extra 5-10M per year on salary cap compared to if it had never happened so yes that is probably the worst case. If both are bad the Ravens suck for a year and draft a new QB and that is acceptable but if cap is all tied up in a huge QB deal that makes it hard though it might come just before CBA so there is always that.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean it means essentially 2 wasted second round picks and likely an extra 5-10M per year on salary cap compared to if it had never happened so yes that is probably the worst case. If both are bad the Ravens suck for a year and draft a new QB and that is acceptable but if cap is all tied up in a huge QB deal that makes it hard though it might come just before CBA so there is always that.

2 wasted 2nd round picks maybe - but it would be for 1 player so its not an extra 5-10m on salary
and yes its a 2 2nd round picks but a 2nd round pick isnt the be all and end all

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
2 wasted 2nd round picks maybe - but it would be for 1 player so its not an extra 5-10m on salary
and yes its a 2 2nd round picks but a 2nd round pick isnt the be all and end all
Especially with our recent 2nd rd pick track record...

redrum52

Hall of Famer
i mean we've got Lamar Jackson under contract for 5 years guaranteed - best case scenario is this turns into a brady jimmy g situation... if flacco plays well there's no need to get rid of him unless or until jackson looks like he could or would win the job...

we basically spent 2 2nd round picks on Lamar - if he doesnt play but sits for however many years the worst case is he's potentially gonna have incredible trade value (or joe will)

either way having lamar in town doesnt force us into any uncomfortable situations - it just gives us more options

Exactly. The move was worth it. Flacco plays bad, cut him and we have a backup who's learning. We have Lamar 5 years to learn and mold him into where he needs to be mentally and mechanically speaking. And say Flacco does play well, we can trade him cause he'll still be an interesting prospect to teams.

Most of the time I can rationalize them but this one was just crazy.

And in terms of our ranking, he said our pass attack is mediocre. We have a top 10 pass attack like what??

Don't know about yards, but think we're doing well in points. Didn't look into the ranking yet to see what category it was.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor

The 5-10m per year I was referencing was whether or not you get a discount for your QBs salary or not. I mean yes Lamars salary would be a waste but someone would be getting paid that so I did not factor that in. I was purely thinking of the scenario where Lamar is not good enough to start so you have to extend Flacco and that likely costs you 5-10m more than it otherwise would have because no way you get a home-town discount anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.