• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 3 Denver Broncos @Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Still.worried.about.the.OL.

And so are you.
I am worried about the oline but I am not mad at who we have. I am mad at who we are and are not using.

The team didn't get off to a slow start by any stretch. We answered immediately and once the defense got it's shit together(they only had one bad drive all game, and that was just a great play by Sanders, who is a great player)

And @Justdewinit20 you are entitled to your opinion, but back it up. Feel free to post your findings on Hayden Hurst to support your claim. I know what I've seen in college and in the preseason. Dude would have run away with the starting job.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I am worried about the oline but I am not mad at who we have. I am mad at who we are and are not using.

The team didn't get off to a slow start by any stretch. We answered immediately and once the defense got it's shit together(they only had one bad drive all game, and that was just a great play by Sanders, who is a great player)

And @Justdewinit20 you are entitled to your opinion, but back it up. Feel free to post your findings on Hayden Hurst to support your claim. I know what I've seen in college and in the preseason. Dude would have run away with the starting job.
if he was any younger there wouldn't be any question of his first round talents. The only thing that kept him back was his age.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Plunkett has 2 rings and he isn't in the HOF. Of course he is the only QB with 2 or more rings and isn't in the HOF
Yeah I was joking. I don’t think Eli should sniff the HoF either but people think he’ll make it...but if Joe won 2 more in next few years...it’d be pretty crazy

The real question is....if Flacco retires with 2 or 3 rings

Is he a Hall of Famer? Lmao
In this era I can't see it. Maybe in the 60s or 70s just one ring and a long career would have gotten him in. Its actually pretty hilarious when you look at Flaccos career numbers and compare them to Troy Aikman's.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Yeah I was joking. I don’t think Eli should sniff the HoF either but people think he’ll make it...but if Joe won 2 more in next few years...it’d be pretty crazy
If he won 2 in a few yrs he would be in regardless

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
In this era I can't see it. Maybe in the 60s or 70s just one ring and a long career would have gotten him in. Its actually pretty hilarious when you look at Flaccos career numbers and compare them to Troy Aikman's.
you can't compare those numbers from the 80s to current day. Completely different rules back then. CBs could mug receivers, they didn't have the 5 yard rule. I could go on and on and on.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
you can't compare those numbers from the 80s to current day. Completely different rules back then. CBs could mug receivers, they didn't have the 5 yard rule. I could go on and on and on.
That’s what he is saying, was totally different back then

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
one more thing. Lamar jackson is NOT the QB of the future. I'm sorry but he just looks like a joker to me..in every sense of the word. I think it's flacco for the next 2 years.

and what exactly have you seen him do?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
and what exactly have you seen him do?

there is something about his demeanor. I can't take him seriously. He'll hopefully be a useful utility trick play guy but i just don't see him as a successful NFL QB on an IQ level. I want him to be but I don't think he has the IT factor. With Baker it was clear from the get go..with Lamar, I'm sorry..i see a lot of boneheaded decisions and wobbly passes on the horizon and let's be HONEST, before the draft NO one wanted him. He's a GREAT college QB that will struggle in the NFL. He's not the first and he wont be the last.

It's flacco for another 2 years.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there is something about his demeanor. I can't take him seriously. He'll hopefully be a useful utility trick play guy but i just don't see him as a successful NFL QB on an IQ level. I want him to be but I don't think he has the IT factor. With Baker it was clear from the get go..with Lamar, I'm sorry..i see a lot of boneheaded decisions and wobbly passes on the horizon and let's be HONEST, before the draft NO one wanted him. He's a GREAT college QB that will struggle in the NFL. He's not the first and he wont be the last.

It's flacco for another 2 years.
And that is your opinion. I do believe it will be Flacco through 2019 if Lamar Jackson takes over and I do believe he has it in him, but nothing is guaranteed from college to the pros. He has the necessary work ethic to get it done though. That is my opinion.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
And that is your opinion. I do believe it will be Flacco through 2019 if Lamar Jackson takes over and I do believe he has it in him, but nothing is guaranteed from college to the pros. He has the necessary work ethic to get it done though. That is my opinion.
I also think Lamar has it in him, but who knows. To me it just kinda sucks because Joe is only what, 33? He’s got maybe 4-5 years left and if he continues at this level...it’s gonna be hard not to start second guessing on whether we should’ve just drafted someone instead of Lamar.

But it could also be like Mahomes and Alex Smith and we might be really happy with Lamar immediately almost. Who knows at this point.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I also think Lamar has it in him, but who knows. To me it just kinda sucks because Joe is only what, 33? He’s got maybe 4-5 years left and if he continues at this level...it’s gonna be hard not to start second guessing on whether we should’ve just drafted someone instead of Lamar.

But it could also be like Mahomes and Alex Smith and we might be really happy with Lamar immediately almost. Who knows at this point.

i mean we've got Lamar Jackson under contract for 5 years guaranteed - best case scenario is this turns into a brady jimmy g situation... if flacco plays well there's no need to get rid of him unless or until jackson looks like he could or would win the job...

we basically spent 2 2nd round picks on Lamar - if he doesnt play but sits for however many years the worst case is he's potentially gonna have incredible trade value (or joe will)

either way having lamar in town doesnt force us into any uncomfortable situations - it just gives us more options

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean we've got Lamar Jackson under contract for 5 years guaranteed - best case scenario is this turns into a brady jimmy g situation... if flacco plays well there's no need to get rid of him unless or until jackson looks like he could or would win the job...

we basically spent 2 2nd round picks on Lamar - if he doesnt play but sits for however many years the worst case is he's potentially gonna have incredible trade value (or joe will)

either way having lamar in town doesnt force us into any uncomfortable situations - it just gives us more options

The key difference is Flacco is not under contract that long which sort of means one or another you have 2 more years to make a decision. If you do not think Lamar has it after year 2-3 you extend Flacco and that is the end of that because it will not be a cheap extension and there is no way Flacco gives a discount after they tried to draft his replacement. If Lamar is the guy then this is not a problem, if not its a disaster.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The key difference is Flacco is not under contract that long which sort of means one or another you have 2 more years to make a decision. If you do not think Lamar has it after year 2-3 you extend Flacco and that is the end of that because it will not be a cheap extension and there is no way Flacco gives a discount after they tried to draft his replacement. If Lamar is the guy then this is not a problem, if not its a disaster.
it's not a disaster at all. as Rossi pointed out, we only used a couple 2nd round picks on him.
We need to keep Urban coaching him up and he will be ready to go by 2020 at the latest.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's not a disaster at all. as Rossi pointed out, we only used a couple 2nd round picks on him.
We need to keep Urban coaching him up and he will be ready to go by 2020 at the latest.

You misunderstood the context in which I call tgis a disaster. If Lamar is ready to go by the end of Flaccos contract all good no worries, but if Flacco is still far and away the better QB then the team would need to extend Flacco and that is a disaster because any hope of a discount left with the 32 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.