• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 4 Discussion (Other Teams)

Will The Dolphins Get their First win in New England Since 2008?

• Yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I think if anything the Rams may have just convinced the other teams to hold out their players for the whole preseason. Rams held out their starting offense for all of preseason, which is supposed to be bad because no snaps in preseason is supposed to lead to early season issues. Yet the Rams are clicking on all cylinders and sitting at 4-0.

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The scary part is that the Rams' division isn't that hard. The Seahawks are still trying to rebuild, the 49ers lost Jimmy, and the Cards are awful this year. The Rams could easily sweep their division and be on their way to the number 1 seed. And I'm not sure if any NFC team can beat the Rams in LA in the playoffs.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The scary part is that the Rams' division isn't that hard. The Seahawks are still trying to rebuild, the 49ers lost Jimmy, and the Cards are awful this year. The Rams could easily sweep their division and be on their way to the number 1 seed. And I'm not sure if any NFC team can beat the Rams in LA in the playoffs.

Starting to think the Rams-Chiefs game Nov 19th may be a Super Bowl preview.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you said any AFC team I’d agree. But the NFC is still open. Too many good teams to already give the Rams the crown

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you said any AFC team I’d agree. But the NFC is still open. Too many good teams to already give the Rams the crown
Yeah, but the Rams just beat one of those good teams without their starting CBs. Who else is gonna challenge them? The Packers have no defense. The Eagles might be able to do it, but they're the only ones I can see doing it.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yeah, but the Rams just beat one of those good teams without their starting CBs. Who else is gonna challenge them? The Packers have no defense. The Eagles might be able to do it, but they're the only ones I can see doing it.
Lets not do this thing where its week 4 and we are already crowning a team. No one knows what these teams will look like come playoff time. The Rams are not unbeatable.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Eagles, Saints and Falcons could cause trouble. Seeding and health will be crucial as well. We're only a quarter way into the season. Who would've seen the Vikings getting dominated by Philly in the NFCCG? You never know which team is clicking at the right time. Hell, if the Giants get it together, I could see them pulling something like that off. I don't trust the Bears, but who knows what they'll be by the end of the year.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Rams offense is the best in the NFL and the Rams defense when fully healthy is probably one of the top 3 in the NFL. They are the class of the NFL right now and I will not be picking against them for awhile.
I wouldn’t go that far. They are not a deep football team at all

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn’t go that far. They are not a deep football team at all

If you don't get hurt it doesn't matter so until they do they are the class of the NFL.

Wasn't this the same talk we had on Wednesday when I said not to bet against them Thursday?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If you don't get hurt it doesn't matter so until they do they are the class of the NFL.

Wasn't this the same talk we had on Wednesday when I said not to bet against them Thursday?
If I bet on football I wouldn’t bet against the home team on Thursday, no matter who it was.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Eagles, Saints and Falcons could cause trouble. Seeding and health will be crucial as well. We're only a quarter way into the season. Who would've seen the Vikings getting dominated by Philly in the NFCCG? You never know which team is clicking at the right time. Hell, if the Giants get it together, I could see them pulling something like that off. I don't trust the Bears, but who knows what they'll be by the end of the year.
Would you add the Panthers to that list?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Would you add the Panthers to that list?

Don't think they have the pieces offensively or defensively, but who knows. Point was mainly you never know how everything plays out. I'd never think Cam would put together an MVP season with the pieces he had in 15 so in my Garnett voice "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!"

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Rams had a near perfect game on offense last night and still only won by a score; they're not invincible. "Well, they're missing Talib....". Yes, and what's going to happen if they have any major injuries during the season? Their depth is suspect, to say the least. They're probably the best team in the league right now (the Chiefs could make a case as they're just as impressive on offense), but it's a long season and shit happens. We also haven't seen the best football yet from the Eagles and Saints. Wentz should continue to shake off the rust and the Saints should improve on both sides of the ball when Ingram comes back and they're able to run the ball and control the clock better to keep their defense off the field.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The Rams had a near perfect game on offense last night and still only won by a score; they're not invincible. "Well, they're missing Talib....". Yes, and what's going to happen if they have any major injuries during the season? Their depth is suspect, to say the least. They're probably the best team in the league right now (the Chiefs could make a case as they're just as impressive on offense), but it's a long season and shit happens. We also haven't seen the best football yet from the Eagles and Saints. Wentz should continue to shake off the rust and the Saints should improve on both sides of the ball when Ingram comes back and they're able to run the ball and control the clock better to keep their defense off the field.

Their depth isn't good forget suspect. That's usually happens when you invest so heavily in big names. It's stupid to me that they are risking Peters knowing he's crucial for late in the season.

Also, their safeties and lbs are questionable and I'm referring to the starters. Will give them credit though, the OL is playing much better than I expected.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Lets not do this thing where its week 4 and we are already crowning a team. No one knows what these teams will look like come playoff time. The Rams are not unbeatable.

I learned my lesson. Tried to crown the Jaguars in my preview last week, and they lost a field goal battle to the Titans.