• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Good: we dominated them in all phases (special teams still a little wonky)
The Bad: we made some mistakes that kept the steelers in the game way too long
The Good: im gonna be in a much better mood this week than if this sunday night had gone a different way
The Better: we showed the rest of the league and the football cognoscenti that this steelers team is actually trash and are lucky to be 1-2-1

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Good : fast start, 2nd half defense, pass pro

Bad: 2nd qtr defense, collins fumble

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Can we discuss the fact that we get out of this early stretch 3-1, despite not having jimmy, Mosley for a time, and our top draft pick... that’s huge, we should actually improve.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
Buck trying to break Humphrey’s concentration. He was having none of it.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Good: The Offense. If you see what we have done on offense, this only shows what could have been the last couple years if we had receivers who can catch like we have now. Now we are putting up the points to keep a lead and let the defense do the rest. Also I liked how Joe said it was disappointing that we didn't score more points. I like hearing that.

Great: Holding The Steelers to 0 points in the second half.

Amazing: Justin Tucker

The Bad: Leaky Steelers defense.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you would’ve told me that even AFTER this game we still wouldn’t have allowed a 2nd half TD i wouldn’t believe it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I honestly didn’t feel good about this game in my gut. My head said ravens but my gut didn’t, too many disappointments recently for me to be confident.

This team though could be for real. We’re actually about to improve on defense and our OL could still improve with one shift. We’re making good use of our TEs with hurst being out and still using blockers as receivers, when hurst returns that should become an extremely efficient way of moving the ball. Marty is still feeling out this offense, he’s tinkering a lot and discovering new ways and creative ways to run this offense, consistently attacking with TEs and being effective is deadly, they bring so much of an element of surprise and deception.

We still need to work out a fucking interior pass rush. I wish Clarence brooks was still here, may he Rest In Peace, the man was a prodigy at churning out DL

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love how we are getting Andrews involved.

He and hurst are going to be close to Gronk x Hernandez levels of unstoppable.

ALI624

Pro Bowler
To win this game without Jimmy is so shocking and incredible. Says a lot about this defense.