• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, The Bad, and The Steelers Defense

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
some of our streaks ended: the consecutive redzone TD streak ended, the 3rd/4th and 1 streak ended

but maybe the most important one is still going: no TDs conceded in the 2nd half through a quarter of the season
We’ve only allowed 9 points

We looked great despite the fumble, wish some of those field goals would of been TDs, but I’ll take that victory over the Steelers on prime time tv and on the road. Onto the Browns and Mayfield on the road..

Last edited:

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Very good win. Shut the fuck out of the 2nd half.

Let's now repeat against some real teams, like Browns and Tennessee!
I'm not gonna mock you for the Browns, as they actually look competent this year.. But lol.. Tennessee. They'll blow it sooner or later. They're not a real team. once we start playing the NFC South, that's a different story.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'm not gonna mock you for the Browns, as they actually look competent this year.. But lol.. Tennessee. They'll blow it sooner or later. They're not a real team. once we start playing the NFC South, that's a different story.

Titans fair play dont look like much but through 4 weeks they have clearly been the best coached of any team in the league - in successive weeks they've knocked off the Jags and the superbowl champions in tough ugly games that they had no right to win...

mike vrabel has been great for them

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I have a bad feeling the next two games will be VERY UGLY.

Got the win, shut out 2nd half and the ugly is the 2n quarter. This should have been a blowout.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love how we are getting Andrews involved.

He and hurst are going to be close to Gronk x Hernandez levels of unstoppable.

Maxx William's would like to have a word with you

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You aren't paying attention - I'm not mocking Browns.
Titans are tough. They play with some balls.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
You aren't paying attention - I'm not mocking Browns.
Titans are tough. They play with some balls.
Philly hasn't gotten enough playing time together yet to return to their dominant form, they have the Jags number like the Bengals have ours, and they barley beat the Texans off of a dumbass error by Watson. Let's not pretend that they're a real time, those wins haven't been nearly as convincing and you could argue that their competition has been much worse even with the Eagles being defending champs. They're not scrubs but they look like a VERY mediocre unit despite their record. I've been watching.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I was EXTREMELY pessimistic going into this game and I'm now beyond ecstatic that they proved me wrong in a HUGE way. I said that we needed to score at least 35 points and win the turnover battle. Well we didn't score 35, but dammit I'll take the W.

The good:
-How easily our offense was able to move down the field. I LOVE how we were attacking all parts of the field.
-Our 2nd half defense. The last thing I would have expected to see is the Steelers being held scoreless in the 2nd half with the weapons we have. Holy shit!
-Smokey and Snead. I would include Crabtree, but I despise drops.
-The TEs. Wasn't pretty, but they were helpful in moving the chains.
-Pass protection. Again, when Flacco is protected, you see what kind of damage he can do.
-Flacco because he deserves his own bullet point lol

The bad:
-Missed opportunities. We definitely should have 14 more points, but miscues say nah.
-I counted a couple of drops. Gotta clean that up.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Titans fair play dont look like much but through 4 weeks they have clearly been the best coached of any team in the league - in successive weeks they've knocked off the Jags and the superbowl champions in tough ugly games that they had no right to win...

mike vrabel has been great for them
Vrabel was my top HC candidate this offseason

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1 more good - defence came to play in critical situations - Levine's turnover...

and MA BOI TIMMY WILLIAMS with the huge sack on the steelers final drive

i like matt judon but he's taken a step back this year - he needs to reset himself and maybe come in as part of the rotation in good situations for him so that maybe he can regain the form he had down the stretch last year