• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up @Cleveland

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Honestly I think we blow them out. The whole “browns play the ravens tough” thing has been for years past where we fielded shitty teams who couldn’t make a play in the passing game and we had constant miscommunications on defense. And josh McCown... that fucking guy... but this year is different, another rookie qb is gonna feel what the rest of them feel, you just don’t play rookies vs the ravens defense because they aren’t mentally ready for that. I think the ravens have clearly the #2 defense in the league right now.
I take it you have Chicago as number one?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We're an elite pass rusher away from being the best defense in the league ( if all healthy).

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We're an elite pass rusher away from being the best defense in the league ( if all healthy).
I disagree. I think Henry is the guy who can push it over the hump. Not elite as an interior pass rusher, but damn good, and Urban, Wormley, and Pierce have been solid in the interior pressure department. The more Tim Williams plays, the better he will get as well. I do think we need to be smarter with our use of Bowser(he should really be playing over Peanut) and Judon needs to get going.

As it stands right now I'd say we have a top 3 defense. That's before Jimmy gets factored in.

I had Henry and Tim Williams as my breakout players. Williams looks as advertised, dude has legit 10+ sack a season upside. Suggs still looks like that 10+ sack guy a season and only didn't get a sack because of the needless holding.

The defense has a good, not solid, starter at every single position, with a lot of young guys who are coming into their own, as well as a couple of pro bowlers to boot. I am still convinced that the Bengals game was simple growing pains for a new DC.

This defense is legit. Wink needs to learn when not to be as aggressive, but does look better for Pees

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree though. I want tim williams to be a starter. He's actually looking very polished as a run defender. He needs to take Judons snaps.

Our only GLARING weakness on the football team is from a runblocking standpoint and Alex Lewis in particular. I don't think we're going to see that change we're all hoping for with hurst at LG and Orlando Brown at RT .

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i agree - not necessarily a pure pass rusher but a 3 down edge defender would be the missing piece (if there was one) - when timmy and sizzle arent on the field we can lose contain and not set the edge so well in the run game and one dominant edge defender would create havoc - a defender who not only draws a hold but beats a hold would be awesome

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree though. I want tim williams to be a starter. He's actually looking very polished as a run defender. He needs to take Judons snaps.

Our only GLARING weakness on the football team is from a runblocking standpoint and Alex Lewis in particular. I don't think we're going to see that change we're all hoping for with hurst at LG and Orlando Brown at RT .
Ya Hurst has been doing extremely well in pass blocking. I think once teams realise they cant afford to keep 8 in the box against us then the running game will pop.

And i already think Tim is taking snaps from Judon. Saw Tim on the feild really often even with suggs. Judon just isnt getting pressure this year...seems to be thinking too much

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think as the season goes on our best bet to rush the passer using 4 guys will be T.Will over the LT, Henry and ZDS inside, and Suggs over the RT.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ya Hurst has been doing extremely well in pass blocking. I think once teams realise they cant afford to keep 8 in the box against us then the running game will pop.

And i already think Tim is taking snaps from Judon. Saw Tim on the feild really often even with suggs. Judon just isnt getting pressure this year...seems to be thinking too much

i was gonna keep quoting snap numbers but ill just post all the snaps lol:

DobaG_JXkAEYbhL.jpg:large

The Greek

Veteran
this is the infamous trap game. big win against the steelers but they cannot take it easy this week or the much improved browns will beat us. show the rookie schemes and blitzes he has never seen to force him to burn timeouts and make bad decisions

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think Tim’s snap count is creeping up, I could be wrong though, but I feel like I see him on the field a lot more, I’m seeing a good bit of pressures, and I’ve seen what should’ve been 3 penalties drawn so far this year where he got held by 2 defenders on one play vs the Steelers and 2 blatant hands to the face with 2 of those 3 almost certainly preventing sacks.

He’s getting pressure pretty consistently, and he FINALLY worked that inside counter move vs the Steelers and fucking embarrassed Villanueva. He’s trusting himself more, and starting to take what he knows and actually using it, it’s like we saw him do this in college and preseason but it’s like he was scared to play his natural game when it was live bullets, he just looks comfortable now.

And still the most impressive thing is that he’s been by far our 2nd best run defender on the edge, him and Suggs have been a league above anyone else on this team, Suggs has been an absolute world beater against the run but Tim has been next best. This is so encouraging because he knew that to see the field he’s gotta improve against the run, and in one season he became one of the best run defenders on the team, maybe he focused so much on that that his pass rush took a hit in year 1, but now he’s getting more snaps and making an impact and clearly improving in every aspect.

He’s gonna be the guy we had hoped for when we drafted him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If it were up to you, all we would have us elite players. Problem wirh thst is you wouldn’t have any cap dollars to pay your depth so if anyone was injured we’d be out of luck. I completely disagree. Henry will help our interior rush tremendously and having a good rotation of pass rushers is better than having one elite pass rusher.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jacksonville. Right now I have Jax, us, Eagles, rams, bears, but the rams have to get healthy to hold that spot.
Sorry but right now the Eagles don’t deserve to be in that conversation, and until the Rams get their secondary back they don’t either.

The Eagles just lost to the freakin Titans because their defense couldn’t do anything.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Sorry but right now the Eagles don’t deserve to be in that conversation, and until the Rams get their secondary back they don’t either.

The Eagles just lost to the freakin Titans because their defense couldn’t do anything.
That’s how I had ranked the defenses up until now and I didn’t get to see any of the games yesterday because I was at renfest lol so I didn’t even pay attention to football.

How the fuck are the titans beating the eagles and jags? Didn’t the eagles have one of the top defenses before this week?