• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next up @Cleveland

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Tim’s snap count is creeping up, I could be wrong though, but I feel like I see him on the field a lot more, I’m seeing a good bit of pressures, and I’ve seen what should’ve been 3 penalties drawn so far this year where he got held by 2 defenders on one play vs the Steelers and 2 blatant hands to the face with 2 of those 3 almost certainly preventing sacks.

i think it feels like its creeping up (i think this weeks snap count is similar to last week's which are a step up from the previous 2 weeks) because he's now playing in certain critical situations opposite sizzle so it feels like he's on the field more because we notice him more because he's playing on high leverage downs

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
That’s how I had ranked the defenses up until now and I didn’t get to see any of the games yesterday because I was at renfest lol so I didn’t even pay attention to football.

How the fuck are the titans beating the eagles and jags? Didn’t the eagles have one of the top defenses before this week?
The Titans totally exposed the Eagles defense and I was freakin pissed because I lost money on that bum ass Eagles team. They are nowhere close to the Super Bowl team they were last year.

The Eagles secondary is absolutely horrible. Corey Davis is the reason the Titans won, they had no answer for him. And the last drive of the game the titans converted 3 or 4 4th downs including a 4th and fucking 15.

The titans aren’t anything more than average and they only beat the jags because it’s a fluke division game and the jags offense couldn’t do shit.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Titans totally exposed the Eagles defense and I was freakin pissed because I lost money on that bum ass Eagles team. They are nowhere close to the Super Bowl team they were last year.

The Eagles secondary is absolutely horrible. Corey Davis is the reason the Titans won, they had no answer for him. And the last drive of the game the titans converted 3 or 4 4th downs including a 4th and fucking 15.

The titans aren’t anything more than average and they only beat the jags because it’s a fluke division game and the jags offense couldn’t do shit.
That’s crazy, I don’t see where the exposure would be coming from, on paper their starting 11 look rock solid across the board. Maybe 2 weak points, and some solid depth to go along with it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think it feels like its creeping up (i think this weeks snap count is similar to last week's which are a step up from the previous 2 weeks) because he's now playing in certain critical situations opposite sizzle so it feels like he's on the field more because we notice him more because he's playing on high leverage downs
That’s true, I did notice he was in during crucial moments when last year, and even earlier this year, it would’ve been judon or ZDS, hands on their hips and sucking wind, while Tim’s sitting fresh on the bench. Like vs cinci specifically I recall often thinking to myself why the fuck is Tim not playing when clesrly judon is no help at all

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s how I had ranked the defenses up until now and I didn’t get to see any of the games yesterday because I was at renfest lol so I didn’t even pay attention to football.

How the fuck are the titans beating the eagles and jags? Didn’t the eagles have one of the top defenses before this week?

the titans are sneakily loaded in young explosive talent on both sides of the ball

on offence they have matt lafleur being creative schematically
corey davis looks like an elite number 1 wr
jonnu smith looks like delanie walker lite
taywan taylor is a nice complementary piece who takes the top off
taylor lewan, jack conklin
derrick henry but maybe even more importantly given their passing attack: dion lewis
marcus mariota has been playing well despite the injuries

on defence
jurell casey is looking like fletcher cox out there
harold landry has been awesome (easily one of the top 10 rookies so far in the pros)
derrick morgan and brian orakpo are solid edge defenders with noses for the football
wesley woodyard is a premier run-stuffing linebacker
rashaan evans looks like he's a real talent after having his progress slowed by a hamstring injury
kevin byard is an all-pro safety
logan ryan, malcom butler and adoree jackson are all fairly solid corners
kenny vaccaro has come in and made an impact replacing jonathan cyprien

this titans team is really well coached and the roster is really well balanced with lots of talent

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Jacksonville. Right now I have Jax, us, Eagles, rams, bears, but the rams have to get healthy to hold that spot.

Sorry but right now the Eagles don’t deserve to be in that conversation, and until the Rams get their secondary back they don’t either.

The Eagles just lost to the freakin Titans because their defense couldn’t do anything.

The Rams offense and defensive front are definitely more than good enough to compensate for Talib's absence (Peters doesn't seem to have serious injury).

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
The Rams offense and defensive front are definitely more than good enough to compensate for Talib's absence (Peters doesn't seem to have serious injury).
But their depth across the board is my concern along with their average LBs and safeties. Their DL is fucking absurd, but I believe some team will find a way to exploit them. Talib and Peters makes it really hard to try to exploit because you can dedicate so much safety attention, but without that tandem I think a wise team can figure out how to exploit the middle. That’s why health willing is such a big factor for me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
But their depth across the board is my concern along with their average LBs and safeties. Their DL is fucking absurd, but I believe some team will find a way to exploit them. Talib and Peters makes it really hard to try to exploit because you can dedicate so much safety attention, but without that tandem I think a wise team can figure out how to exploit the middle. That’s why health willing is such a big factor for me.

the problem for other teams is that even if you find a way to manipulate the defence and win and exploit that - you've still got to keep up with that offence and no way do i see any team keeping up with the Rams unless jared goff has a nightmare game

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
the problem for other teams is that even if you find a way to manipulate the defence and win and exploit that - you've still got to keep up with that offence and no way do i see any team keeping up with the Rams unless jared goff has a nightmare game
I mean the Vikings almost did

No team is unbeatable.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing worth discussing now that we're getting a number of players back is the inactive list

I've only got 5 for sures. Who do we cut with Jimmy coming back? D.Williams? A.McLellen?

1- Rg III
2- Jordan Lasely
3-Zach Sieler
4- D.Williams
5- Hrisso whatshisface from the bears
6- ?
7- ?

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
One thing worth discussing now that we're getting a number of players back is the inactive list

I've only got 5 for sures. Who do we cut with Jimmy coming back? D.Williams? A.McLellen?

1- Rg III
2- Jordan Lasely
3-Zach Sieler
4- D.Williams
6- ?
7- ?
I imagine we cut McClellan as he was only here to play in Mosley’s absence. We have 5 ILB right now and that’s gonna change.

As for the inactives, averatt until he’s healthy and I’d say maybe one of the TEs, probably Maxx

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine we cut McClellan as he was only here to play in Mosley’s absence. We have 5 ILB right now and that’s gonna change.

As for the inactives, averatt until he’s healthy and I’d say maybe one of the TEs, probably Maxx

dont think so. Maxx was huge in the game yesterday.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

1- Rg III
2- Jordan Lasely
3-Zach Sieler
4- D.Williams
6- ?
7- ?

I think willie henry may well be inactive for 1 more week - he'll only have a week to practice at an incredibly physical position when he had surgery on his abdomen only 4 weeks or so ago - id imagine he gets a week

i think mclellan's getting cut - likely between him and CJ Board but Board is cheaper and younger and faster and made a big play on teams vs the steelers

but the inactives are easy in that case:

1. RGIII
  2. Anthony Averett
  3. Darious Williams
  4. Hronis Grassu
  5. Jordan Lasley
  6. Zach Sieler
  7. I think this is unfortunately between Willie Henry or maybe even Tyus Bowser

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
dont think so. Maxx was huge in the game yesterday.
Yes Maxx played well but Boyle is seen as the better blocker by the team and consistently outsnaps Maxx by a good margin.

With Andrews and Hurst both playing the Ravens will need the best blocker out of the bunch as the 3rd TE. It might change, and frankly I like Maxx more than Boyle, but as of right now Boyle is ahead of Maxx. But with how well Maxx is playing theres a good chance they will go with 4 active TEs anyway so we will see.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Maxx is not going on the inactive list. He is too valuable as a blocking TE and can obviously catch.