• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion (Other Teams)

What will be the COMBINED total score in the Falcons/Steelers game?

• OVER 100 Points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UNDER 100 Points

Votes: 11 100.0%

• Total voters

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A quarter of the season is in the rear view mirror and we now look ahead to see what else the NFL has in store for us this season. The NFL has been boasting about how scoring and and everything offense is so much better and history breaking, and we may get all that in one single game this week. Can The Chiefs & Rams remain undefeated until their Mexico City face off, and is this the part of the season where the Pats come to life and make us forget their slow start?

Colts @ Patriots: Andrew Luck and what's left of the Colts head to New England to face off against Tom Brady and the Patriots. The Colts injury report reads as this, Jack Doyle, TY Hilton, Kenny Moore II, Hassan Ridgeway, Quincy Wilson, Marlon Mack and Denzelle Good all ruled OUT. Too banged up, Pats take advantage easily.

Titans @ Bills: Titans heads to the home of the best tailgating scene in the NFL, Buffalo, NY. Titans are off to a 3-1 start and look to get an easy win over a team that has been terrible except for the Vikings games. Or will the Bills who showed up to Minnesota surprise the Titans and pull off a upset?

Dolphins @ Bengals: All we asked from Atlanta was to beat the Bengals, and they were a team we knew had a chance. The Dolphins are coming off a blow out loss to the Patriots and look to rebound in Cincy as they look to stay atop the AFC East for one more week.

Falcons @ Steelers: The highest scoring game occurred in 1966 when the Giants & Redskins combined for a total of 113 points. The Steelers defense is very leaky, the Falcons secondary is more banged up than a rusty old car. What will happen when these two high powered offenses meet with bad defenses on both sides?

Jaguars @ Chiefs: The game I thought would have decided the number one seed in the AFC only a couple weeks ago is now a game I don't see Blake Bortles keeping up with Patrick Mahomes. The Jags defense is good and now can they stop Mahomes? We'll see how they've prepared for Mahomes and company who was held in check for the most part against Denver until Mahomes Magic happened in the fourth quarter.

Packers @ Lions: A NFC North battle in the motor city that will determine how far Matt Patricia has to go when it comes to coaching the Lions. Green Bay looks for their first road win of the season and their last road win resulted in a loss to the Redskins. Can The Pack keep their momentum from their shutout win over the Bills?

Broncos @ Jets: The ugly game of the week. The Jets have fallen far since their incredible win over Detroit in week one. The Broncos are 2-2, and case Keenum lost his magic on his way over from Minnesota. If Denver can keep the run game going, they will walk away with the W and Todd Bowles may be one step closer to termination.

Giants @ Panthers: Panthers are coming off a BYE, at home against a Giants team struggling to find it's identity in 2018. It's almost as if you can see Saquon Barkley's talent being wasted away already and the successor to Eli Manning being far, far, far away.... as Oregon.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Packers @ Lions: A NFC North battle in the motor city that will determine how far Matt Patricia has to go when it comes to coaching the Lions. Green Bay looks for their first road win of the season and their last road win resulted in a loss to the Redskins. Can The Pack keep their momentum from their shutout win over the Bills?
Ummm......what?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
By the way, thanks for nothing Dolphins and Falcons. Might as well get that out way before they disappoint us.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Brady is 12/13 already.... Chris Ballard has a long way to go in order to right the ship Ryan Grigson sank.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Brady up the middle for a QB sneak and a Touchdown. Yep...... the Patriots are over their slow start.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean getting the Dolphins and Colts at home tells me nothing especially when the Colts are the AFC MASH unit team

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Man if Luck had his old velocity that play could have gone for another 20+ yards

I have a feeling the Colts will regret passing on a QB and trading down in this year's draft. I know they had confidence in his arm returning to strength but it just doesn't seem likely. I mean sure, it could end up biting them much like the Chargers letting go of Brees after his injury(though they did have Rivers) and Luck's arm returned to form with another team and he wins them a Super Bowl. But right now, it's hurting them. Luck's arm is still shot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I have a feeling the Colts will regret passing on a QB and trading down in this year's draft. I know they had confidence in his arm returning to strength but it just doesn't seem likely. I mean sure, it could end up biting them much like the Chargers letting go of Brees after his injury(though they did have Rivers) and Luck's arm returned to form with another team and he wins them a Super Bowl. But right now, it's hurting them. Luck's arm is still shot.

His arm was fine last week - it’s obviously not pre-injury velocity but he’s still go a lot of power there - I think this is more the fact that he’s had no recovery time since Sunday and Sunday went to overtime and he had to play 90 snaps of offence - probably fatigue if anything